𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35 |♚

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find and choose you."

╭────༺♡༻────╮

  Kyra

As I stand hand in hand with my Syfas, my mind has yet to comprehend the beautiful land in front of me. How is it thriving without someone taking care of it? All those sea and land creatures, nature and the atmosphere is something out of a book. I've never seen anything like it.

I could swear there were trees whose leaves were colours I'd never seen before. Little huts and houses upon the rocky slopes of the mountains looked more stable than the two feet I walk on. Many more old-fashioned towers were stacked up further than the clouds upon floating rocks that were connected by a simple wooden plank bridge, others with brick bridges.

There was too much to describe, too much beauty to encapsulate. And it didn't stop at the eyes, the aesthetics flowed through your ears. The entranced call of a multi-coloured phoenix rising from its ashes appeared before me, its wing just skipping my cheek. The magic chimes that came alive with the wind resonated into the distance.

I could go on and on but I would just bore you. You just had to be here. It feels almost heart-breaking that such an ethereal place is hidden away for no one to see.

"I would love to stay and have a look around but we have to find whatever was hinted at us. It's going to be hard enough not knowing what we're looking for but it'll be even harder in a large place like this." Syfas reasoned. I had a feeling that whatever we have to find was within a limited time and I had a foreboding sense it would be sometime soon.

"Where do we even start?" The place was vast and detailed, a blade of grass was admirable enough to distract even an evil soul.

"You choose, you've been here before, you should have some sixth sense pulling you into a certain direction." I don't know how but Syfas always managed to pull out the right words from that brain of his. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, opening them to see the magical palace in front of me. I stared at it for a few seconds, and I don't know if it was a trick of the lights but the entire Kingdom, rock and all, glowed a flashing gold before it returned to it's original state.

"There." I pointed at it and Syfas nodded. I looked up at him and remembered our height difference. He was a very tall man, being 7'3 even in our world was quite tall. But I suppose it worked out for us since I was just a foot and a half shorter.

"We should fly there, it'll be easier." He turned to face me and his normal stoic expression was replaced by a frown.

"Something wrong?"

"I've just realised, amongst the midst of the chaos, I've never seen your dragon. You've never transformed for me." The twinge of melancholic words teased my heart, transforming for your mate was just as important as marking them. Dragons also have a small innovation they created many generations back where the female would nip one of her feathers off and the male dragon would place it within a flap of his wing; to show all he was mated.

Being mated was an honour after all and within those times when wars broke out as frequently as glass, it was rare to find your mate. Therefore, those who were would flaunt it as much as they could. With how arrogant dragons are, they also found a way to present themselves as mated in dragon form. As only the females have feathers and the males have scythe-shaped scaly wings, they presented a feather for the male.

I flapped my wings up and Syfas slowly raised his head as I began to float, my hand caressed his face and my lips presented his with a silent apology which he seemed to accept.