"I know"

I'm a liar.

I say what is best for the moment rather than thinking about it. I myself don't know how I truly feel... and what exactly are the lies. I.. have always been bad at loving.

Author's POV.

*Cough...cough* Astra coughing fit snapped her out from those thought. "Are you okay Astra?" She looked at her son worriedly.

Astra only hugged Ai tightly and keep coughing. Aqua and Ruby got worried. "Is he sick?" Miyako walked towards them and touch his forehead.

"His temperature is normal..."

Aqua stare at the bottle of sake on the table. "Maybe the sake smell is too strong. Kids could not handle the strong smell from alcohol compare to adult. It can cause them sneezing or coughing." His knowledge as a doctor from his past life is still sticking hard, giving him a right reasoning for this situation.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Let's go outside so you can have some fresh air..." Ai rubbed his back.

Aqua watch them walked away. "You have some high knowledge for a small kids you know."

He flinch at the statement. Aqua turned around with awkward smile and said, "well, you can say that I'm quite a curious kid"
"Hmm..." He fidget under Saitou judging gaze but sigh as the man turn away and continue his conversation.

**********************

Ai walked to the balcony, far away from their small party. Astra coughing finally settle down as the alcohol smell stop lingering around him. "Feel better?"

He nodded. But he still didn't let go of his hold from her. "Mama is not happy..."

Her eyes widen. She really can't hide anything from this lil one, can she? "Mama is fine, lil star. Don't worry."

"あいしてる, mama..." Astra whisper softly to her ears.

She tighten her hold on him, "Me too, lil star. Me too."

Ai's POV

I'm sorry, my star. I can't bring myself to say it. Im sorry...

I don't know how to give love. I don't even know what is love. A person like me... could never fit as a mother or as an idol.

Flashback

"You said you were scouting so I got curious... but an idol? Me? What a joke." He lured me in with a Matcha Frappuccino. So I ended up hearing out the random old man who called out to me. He was a scout from an idol company.

"We're scouting a unit with middle schoolers at my company. I think you'd be fit for the center role."

"I'm not interested"

"You're definitely cut out for it. I guarantee it." This man is really...

I reply calmly " I think it's best for you to give up. I grew up in an orphanage. I... only have one parent. When I was young, my mom got arrested for theft and I stayed at the orphanage for the duration of it. But even after mom was released....
She never came back to get me."