𝐇𝐁𝐏 𝟏𝟑

When the four got off the Hogwarts train at King's cross, they all gave Hermione a hug goodbye except for Ron who hurried over to Lavender.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" Hermione said, her and Emily not being able to let the other go, "Stay safe and do not take that ring off. And Harry, stay safe. I love you both."

She kissed them both on the cheek and turned away, Emily watched as she left with her parents, making sure that they were safe.

"Emily!" A voice shouted.

Emily turned around and saw Ethan and Eric running through the station, pushing past the crowds and knocking their belongings over to get to their sister.

Harry chuckled and walked over to The Weasleys, leaving Emily with her brothers, knowing she had been waiting for this.

Emily smiled as Eric beat Ethan and picked Emily up, hugging her closely. A few seconds later, he put her down and allowed Ethan to fall to his knees and hug her.

"You've gotten taller." Eric said to Emily sarcastically, "It's lovely to see you, Em."

"Debatable." Ethan said, but his arms that were locked around Emily's shoulders as he stood behind her said differently.

"Where's dad?" Emily asked, looking around and trying to see Remus standing anywhere, maybe he was talking to the Weasley's.

Ethan and Eric looked at each other.

"He's not here." Eric said sadly, Emily figured that something had happened, "You'll see him soon though. Come on, let's get to The Weasley's."

"So Snape was offering to help him? He was definitely offering to help him?"

"If you ask that once more," said Harry, "I'm going to stick this sprout —"

"I'm only checking!" said Ron. They were standing alone with Emily at the Burrow's kitchen sink, peeling a mountain of sprouts for Mrs. Weasley. Snow was drifting past the window in front of them.

"Yes, Snape was offering to help him!" said Harry. "He said he'd promised Malfoy's mother to protect him, that he'd made an Unbreakable Oath or something —"

"An Unbreakable Vow?" said Ron, looking stunned. "Nah, he can't have. . . . Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," said Harry. "Why, what does it mean?"

"Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow. . . ."

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?"

"You die," said Emily simply.

"Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," said Ron, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes. "Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since."

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock —"

"I beg your pardon?" said Fred's voice as the twins entered the kitchen.

"Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," said Ron grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," said George, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a — whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" said Ron angrily, sucking his cut thumb. "You wait, when I'm seventeen —"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred, pulling Emily into a bone-crushing hug.