𝐆𝐎𝐅 𝟏𝟓

When Emily woke up on Sunday morning, it took her a moment to remember why she felt so empty and worried.

Then the memory of the previous night rolled over her.

She sat up and ripped back the curtains of the four-poster, intending to talk to Hermione, only to find that Hermione's bed was empty; she had obviously gone down to breakfast. Emily also noticed that she had fallen asleep in Hermione's bed.

She stood up and her head felt like a ton of bricks were clashing down on her, how many butter beers did I have? she thought.

Emily dressed and went down the spiral staircase into the common room.

The moment she appeared, the people who had already finished breakfast broke into applause again.

The prospect of going down into the Great Hall and facing the rest of the Gryffindors, all treating her like some sort of hero, was not inviting; it was that, however, or stay here and allow herself to be cornered by the Creevey brothers, who were both beckoning frantically to her to join them.

She walked resolutely over to the portrait hole, pushed it open, climbed out of it, and made her way to breakfast.

Emily walked in and saw none of her friends, she rolled her eyes and walked over to Draco and his friends.

"What do you want freak?" Parkinson sneered, as her friends laughed. Emily was in no mood to get picked on.

"You alright Meels?" Draco asked, Emily noticed that he hadn't eaten any of the food.

"Can we take please?"

Draco nodded and walked over to the end of the Slytherin table.

They sat down opposite each other and Draco forced some toast onto Emily's plate which she insisted on not having.

"Do believe me?" Emily asked him, finally taking a small nibble on the toast.

"Well, of course I knew you hadn't entered yourself," he said in his usual tone. "When Dumbledore read out your name you looked like someone had just shot you in the back."

"Thanks," Emily laughed slightly.

"Do you know who put your name in there then? I know Potter put his name in, wait, he didn't put your name in too did he? Oh i'll get him I swea-" Draco's lips tightened and he scrunched up his face in anger.

"Calm down tough lad," Emily said "Harry didn't put his name in, and I don't know who put mine in. Probably some joke from the older years."

After a few moments of quiet and more bites of toast, Draco pulled a letter out the sleeve of his robes "Eric wrote me this, says he would've wrote to you but it would have been to obvious,"

Emily snatched it off him immediately, ran out the Great Hall and back up to the common room.

Once she got back she settled down on the sofa and opened her letter
Dear Emily,
Ethan had previously sent me a letter explaining what your little boyfriend Harry has done. And I must say I am NOT happy, who does he think he is? Dad also agrees with me and said that you should kick him you know where. One thing I need you to remember that your worth more then you know and never let anyone tell you different AND never let anyone take advantage of you.
I love you loads and cannot wait to see you and Ethan again.
ℰℛℐ𝒞

If Emily had thought that matters would improve once everyone got used to the idea of her being champion, the following day showed her how mistaken she was.

She could no longer avoid the rest of the school once she was back at lessons, and it was clear that the rest of the school, just like the Gryffindors, thought Emily and Harry had entered themselves for the tournament.