𝐏𝐎𝐀 𝟏𝟐

When Emily had gotten back, the three of them were all standing facing her whilst she walked through the portrait hole "You three friends again?"

None of them answered but Hermione tossed her a letter that was addressed to the both of them.

Emily opened it, the writing was smudged from what seemed to be dry tears and the handwriting wasn't the best.

Dear Hermione and Emily,
We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. Execution date to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London.
I won't forget all the help you gave us.
Hagrid

"No! No we can't have lost! We did everything 'Mione!" Emily shouted, her happiness from stories of her father completely drifted out of her system.

"We have to speak to him."

And the only time they had the chance to was in his lesson: Care of Magical Creatures.

He seemed numb with shock at the verdict.

"S'all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They was all sittin' there in black robes an' I kep' droppin' me notes and forgettin' all them dates yeh two looked up fer me. An' then Lucius Malfoy stood up an' said his bit, and the Committee jus' did exac'ly what he told 'em..."

"There's still the appeal!" said Ron fiercely. "Don't give up yet, we're working on it!"

They were walking back up to the castle with the rest of the class. Ahead they could see Malfoy, who was walking with Crabbe and Goyle, and kept looking back, laughing derisively.

"S'no good, Ron," said Hagrid sadly as they reached the castle steps. "That Committee's in Lucius Malfoy's pocket. I'm jus' gonna make sure the rest o' Beaky's time is the happiest he's ever had. I owe him that..."

Hagrid turned around and hurried back toward his cabin, his face buried in his handkerchief. "Look at him blubber!"

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle had been standing just inside the castle doors, listening.

"Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?" said Malfoy. "And he's supposed to be our teacher!"

Emily, Harry and Ron both made furious moves toward Malfoy, but Hermione got there first-SMACK!

She had slapped Malfoy across the face with all the strength she could muster. Malfoy staggered. Harry, Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle stood flabbergasted as Hermione raised her hand again.

"Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul-you evil-"

"Hermione!" said Ron weakly, and he tried to grab her hand as she swung it back.

"Get off, Ron!"

Hermione pulled out her wand. Malfoy stepped backward. Crabbe and Goyle looked at him for instructions, thoroughly bewildered.

"C'mon." Malfoy muttered, and in a moment, all three of them had disappeared into the passageway to the dungeons.

"Hermione!" Ron said again, sounding both stunned and impressed.

"Harry, you'd better beat him in the Quidditch final!" Hermione said shrilly. "You just better had, because I can't stand it if Slytherin wi-"

She was cut off by a loud scream and Emily ran at her, at first the three thought Emily was going to hit Hermione for hurting her cousin but all of they all stood in shock as Emily jumped on Hermioen and hugged her still cheering.

"That was blood brilliant! Hermione oh my- AHHH!"

They were all confused to why Emily was so excited but Hermione seemed to understand, Emily had grew up with Draco and was heartbroken when she found out what Draco had been calling Hermione behind her back. So when Hermione finally stood up to him it was like a relief lifted from Emily's shoulders.