𝐆𝐎𝐅 𝟏𝟐

Early next morning, Harry woke with a plan fully formed in his mind, as though his sleeping brain had been working on it all night.

He got up, dressed in the pale dawn light, ripped a piece of paper out of his notebook and began writing the following letter:
Dear Sirius and Eric,
I reckon I just imagined my scar hurting, I was half asleep
when I wrote to you last time. There's no point coming back, everything's fine here. Don't worry about me, my head feels completely normal.
ℋ𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎

He leaned his head out the window and saw Hedwig flying toward him.

It took him a while to persuade her as she kept shuffling around on her perch, showing him her tail. She was evidently still furious about his lack of gratitude the previous night.

In the end, it was Harry suggesting she might be too tired, and that perhaps he would ask Ron to borrow Pigwidgeon, that made her stick out her leg and allow him to tie the letter to it.

"Just find them, all right?" Harry said, stroking her back as she stood on the windowsill"Before the dementors do."

She nipped his finger, perhaps rather harder than she would ordinarily have done, but hooted softly in a reassuring sort of way all the same.

Then she spread her wings and took off into the sunrise. Harry watched her fly out of sight with the familiar feeling of unease back in his stomach.

He had been so sure that Sirius's and Eric's reply would alleviate his worries rather than increasing them.

He finally climbed down the steps and into the common room, the sight he walked in on made him feel even more worried.

Dean and Emily hadn't moved all night but one thing had changed, Dean's robes had been taken off and wrapped around Emily as she slept on his shoulder.

Harry marched of to breakfast waiting for everyone to get there.

"That was a lie, Harry," said Hermione sharply over breakfast, when he told her and Ron what he had done. "You didn't imagine your scar hurting and you know it."

"So what?" said Harry. "They're not going back to Azkaban because of me."

"Drop it," said Ron sharply to Hermione as she opened her mouth to argue some more, and for once, Hermione heeded him, and fell silent.

Emily then walked into the hall, she had clearly freshened up and put her robes back on "Guys, Dean was so sweet last night, he saw I was upset and was there for me." She said after sitting down.

Harry chucked, slammed his peice of toast down and stared at her "Seriously?" He shouted "How can you be so stupid? Emily he likes you! He gave you his robes last night! And you allowed it!"

"Woah,"said Emily "I was asleep when he put the robes on me and it's not like that at all, he's like a brother to me. You wouldn't care if Ethan gave me his robes because I was sad."

"Maybe that's because he's your actual brother. Dean's trying to get close to you so he can just get in your pants!" Harry shouted, everyone who was in the hall had fallen silent and looked over at them.

"I'm not hungry," Emily whispered, she walked out the hall, everyone's eyes followed her including Harry's.

"Oh well done Harry. You absolute idiot!" Hermione shouted, getting up and running after Emily.

Harry did his best not to worry about Sirius and Eric over the next couple of weeks.

True, he could not stop himself from looking anxiously around every morning when the post owls arrived, nor, late at night before he went to sleep, prevent himself from seeing horrible visions of Sirius and Eric, cornered by dementors down some dark London street, but betweentimes he tried to keep his mind off his godfather and Eric.