𝐇𝐁𝐏 𝟐

Remus, Eric, Ethan and Emily approached the back door of The Burrow, which was surrounded by the familiar litter of old wellington boots and rusty cauldrons; Emily could hear the soft clucking of sleepy chickens coming from a distant shed.

Remus knocked three times and Emily saw sudden movement behind the kitchen window.

"Who's there?" said a nervous voice that she recognised as Mrs Weasley's. "Declare yourself!"

"It's Remus, Molly. I'm with Eric, Ethan and Emily!"

The door opened at once. There stood Mrs Weasley, short, plump and wearing an old green dressing- gown.

"Emily, Ethan, Eric my dears! Gracious, Remus, you gave me a fright, you said not to expect you before morning!"

"I wanted to get them out of the house earlier, I hope it isn't any trouble." said Remus, ushering his children over the threshold.

He stopped right behind his children, taking a deep breath in, "Well hello Tonks."

Emily looked around and saw that Mrs Weasley was not alone, despite the lateness of the hour. A young witch with a pale, heart-shaped face and mousy-brown hair was sitting at the table clutching a large mug between her hands.

'Hello, Remus." she said. 'Hello, guys."

"Hi, Tonks." Ethan and Eric said in sync.

"Hi." Emily mumbled, her hands clasped around her own body as if she were hugging herself.

Emily thought she looked drawn, even ill, and there was something forced in her smile.

Certainly her appearance was less colourful than usual without her customary shade of bubblegum-pink hair.

"I'd better be off," she said quickly, standing up and pulling her cloak around her shoulders. "Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Molly."

"Please don't leave on my account," Remus said, "It would be lovely to catch up with you, Tonks."

"No, no, I need to get going," said Tonks, not meeting Dumbledore's eyes. ''Night-"

"Dear, why not come to dinner at the weekend, Remus and Mad-Eye are coming-"

"No, really, Molly ... thanks anyway ... goodnight, everyone."

Tonks hurried past The Lupin-Black's into the yard; a few paces beyond the doorstep, she turned on the spot and vanished into thin air.

Emily noticed that Mrs Weasley looked troubled.

'Well, I will come back on the weekend, okay? Behave for Molly please Ethan, no silly tricks."

"No, don't go." Emily said, jumping up and grabbing her fathers arm, "Please don't leave me, Pops."

"You'll see me on the weekend, Emily." Remus whispered, "I promise you, alright?"

Emily dipped her head and Remus brought her closer, planting a kiss on her head and then doing the same with the boys.

He hugged Mrs Weasley and followed Tonks, vanishing at precisely the same spot.

Mrs Weasley closed the door on the empty yard and then steered all three of the children by the shoulders into the full glow of the lantern on the table to examine their appearances.

"Your look awful, all of you," she sighed, looking them up and down. "You all look as if you hadn't slept in weeks. Are any of you hungry?"

'Yeah, I am,' said the boys.