69 • Never giving up on each other

Mishti :)

It's around 5:00 am and everyone is awake.. The reason being Sahil and Simran, they both are leaving for Paris today.. Everyone was roaming here and there in the hall, I was sitting beside Simran.. Sahil hasn't come yet.. I dialled his number , he's taking too much time.. "His phone is with me! " Simran showed Sahil's phone, I sighed.. His phone wallpaper caught my attention and I took the phone from her.. Sahil has kept Simran's photo in the wallpaper.. I jumped in happiness..

"Don't tell me you guys are in a relationship? " I asked in excitement, she was scrolling through her phone.. Hearing me she titled her head towards me then noticed the wallpaper.. She gave me a dry smile, her response made me confused.. "No! We have become best friends, that's why he has kept my picture, " she replied.. I kept the phone on the table.. "Then why don't you confess your feelings? It's been so long since you both are together, you should tell what you feel for him, " I said.. But she shook her head negatively..

"You don't have to be in a romantic relationship when you love someone.. It's okay to be a friend sometimes.. Honestly I really don't want to break our friendship.. He doesn't love me in that way, so I don't want to make things awkward for us.. I am an orphan, I have no one.. But he came like a ray of hope, I don't want to lose him in any way, " she exclaimed.. I could see tears in her eyes but she's good at hiding it..

"It will hurt you to stay as a friend with him when you love him so much, " I mumbled, the tears which she was trying to hold back fell from her eyes.. But she wiped it quickly.. "It hurts a lot, but I can't take the risk.. I should not have come this close to him, I knew there were less possibilities between us, still I chose this path.. Now I don't want to regret it, so let's just not talk about us! " she said in a low tone, so I took her in a hug and patted her back..

"God has planned something really good for you, " I caressed her cheek, nodding her head at me, she got up and went upstairs to call Sahil.. I turned back and found a pair of brown eyes staring at me.. There was a mixture of emotions in Abir's eyes.. He had warned me before about Simran, but I thought things would work out.. But after listening to Simran it doesn't feel the same.. Disappointment was clearly visible in Abir's face, I pouted but he walked out.. I sighed..

Sahil came with his luggage , we all hugged him one by one .. All his brothers went to drop him.. "I am making tea for everyone, should I make one for you? " Siya asked me, "I am not in the mood, " I muttered and went to our room.. I laid on a couch and stared at the ceiling aimlessly..Somewhere I was feeling guilty.. Maybe I could have done something for her.. But now I can't take the risk to tell Sahil as well.. It will make the situation worse.. At the same time we can't force the other person to feel the same.. But somewhere I still feel that there is some chances between them.. What if Leher was just a chapter in Sahil's life but his partner will be Simran..

Nobody bumps into each other without any reason and I don't think friendship was the only thing for which they met with each other.. There was no chance of them meeting with each other.. There was no connection between them but still they met..

I am overthinking and nothing else..

Abir entered the room and closed the door.. Opening his upper two shirt buttons he threw himself on another sofa.. Keeping his eyes closed he laid there.. It felt like he was ignoring me.. I stood up and went to him... I sat on his lap comfortably and wrapped my arms around his neck, dragging him a little towards me.. He got annoyed.. "Don't disturb me, I am sleeping! " he mumbled.. "Today I am going home, bhai will come around 10:00 to pick me up for pag phera rasam, so better talk with me now, " I said strictly, he opened his eyes and sighed.. Sitting straight on the sofa, he kept his head on my shoulder..

"Things are so messed up between them and Sahil has no idea about it, " he mumbled.. "Han because no one has told him anything, " I replied sadly.. "Let's not talk about them now, my mood is already spoiled, "he said and lifted me in his arms.. " What are you doing? " I asked in shock, he put me on the bed and laid beside me..