30 • Some moments together

Mishti :)

My legs gave up and I sat on a chair. The whole day, I was only standing and here in this engagement, after doing so much dances, I am hell tired. It's already 10:30PM , just some guests were there . Some were in food counter.. I had just some spring rolls and crispy corn and a cold drink.. They have made endless snacks in starter, but I didn't feel like to eat.. I will directly eat the main course items..

My stomach is empty now but I don't have any energy left to even walk..
I glanced at bhai and di, they both were looking tired too.. I then shifted my attention towards the cousins. They were clicking pictures together, seeing them a smile formed on my lips.. Elders were doing there dinner.

"Hey Mishti, come here , we will click pictures! " Sameer bhai said loudly, I shook my head. "After eating, I will join, you guys continue! " I mumbled, nodding at me they all continued. I focused my gaze on my phone screen. After six days it's my birthday, my family will come from Canada the day before my birthday.

As I had promised , I will spend my whole day with them. I have already taken a leave. The way I am taking leave, my Principal will cut my salary.

I inhaled the sweet spicy smell of food and looked up only to find Abir. He forwarded me a plate full of food. I blinked my eyes and took the plate from him. Putting the plate on the table, I went to wash my hands.. When I came back, I saw all the cousins gathered around the table including bhai and di. I sat beside Abir, they all were waiting for me to come. As I came, we all started eating..

There were so many side dishes, I got confused what to eat. Abir had brought both mashroom and paneer dishes for me, how can I eat both. Every dishes were so tasty, but my main focus was on rice and dal. Don't know how in every reception party dal tastes so good. Even I can just eat the rice and dal without any side dishes..

"Bhai, it's your engagement. You can feed bhabi in your own hand, " Sahil said to Aadarsh bhai, he narrowed his eyes at him..

"So that, you all can get a chance to tease us, " he muttered and started finishing his food.

"Aaru, baby why are you eating like you haven't eaten anything from last 10 years, " Sameer bhai commented and all laughed. Shifting her gaze from her plate, she glared at everyone. "In case you guys have forgotten, I live in a hostel and I guess you all know the food quality and quantity, so don't disturb me otherwise I will eat all of your food, " she said in a loud tone ..

That's true, no matter how good the college is, hostel foods can never be upto your expectations..

"That's why I told you to live in our Delhi house, but you choosed to stay in hostel, " Abir said, I shifted my gaze to him. He was eating kheer, he had some kheer below his lips.

I instructed him to clean it , by putting my index finger below my lips, he raised his brows and stared at my lips.. "Not mine, yours! " I whispered, he narrowed his brows in confusion. I shook my head in disbelief, taking the tissue paper from the table, I wiped it and he realized what I was talking about.

"Ahem Ahem, "

I shut my eyes realizing my surrounding, they all again started coughing. They actually need some medicine. Sam was trying to suppress her laugh.. Abir, being unaffected with all these, got busy with his food.

"Water water, " Sahil said between his cough, I passed him the bottle after opening it. He actually started coughing, must have chocked on his food.

"Keep coughing! " Abir muttered rolling his eyes, I chuckled. After filling our stomach and heart fully we all cleaned our hands and mouth.

Standing in front of a glass mirror, which was a part of decorative things, I was adjusting my hairs, so that I will look good in pictures. My hairs were totally messed up.. My breath hitched seeing Abir's reflection on the mirror .. He was looking so fresh like he have come to this party just now..