66 • Sangeet & Haldi

Mishti :)

After two days it's our sangeet ceremony, rather than practicing here I am sitting on a sofa, getting all dressed .. I was sleeping peacefully in the morning , Mom woke me up and told me to get ready .. When I asked the reason behind it, she just told me that my in-laws want to see me.. On engagement day everyone was there but they could not meet me personally ..

I was staring at the ground, my hands were trembling in nervousness

I was staring at the ground, my hands were trembling in nervousness.. I thought some ten or fifteen people would come to see me, but nah! I forgot the count actually.. People were just coming and coming and coming.. The room got filled with their chatar-patar and here Abir was missing.. Saanvi di was with me, I asked her about Abir.. She told me that he is sleeping.. Sleep comes first.. I am tired of giving fake smiles to each and everyone..

"Abir is here, " someone said drawing my attention, I snapped my head to my right side, Abir came to me.. "Hello, " he greeted everyone and sat beside me.. "Could you not wear something decent? " I whispered, he is wearing grey tea and a track pant, his hair was completely messy .. "I came here that's enough, I can't get ready just because of them, ", he said carelessly, I rolled my eyes.. Finally after half an hour everyone left.. I hit my head in Abir's shoulder, he chuckled..

As soon as they left, Rajvansh cousins came inside... Aaru came and sat between Abir and me.. " Umm hm what you both are talking? " she asked teasingly, but we both were talking nothing.. So I shook my head.. Everyone has already taken their breakfast, so Mom came to me with two plate of food, one for me and another for Abir.. They have made idli and samber in breakfast.. Abir was too quick to grab the plate from her hand.. I started eating, I was dying out of hunger..

Everyone started discussing about their performances, there is no team groom vs team bride in sangeet. It's only Abir vs Mishti lol.. I have no idea about what he was planning to do in sangeet.. I was sad because Soha and Adi won't be here in my sangeet.. I will not talk to them when we meet.. Is any work more important than their best friend wedding? Huh. "By the way apart from our dance, what did you think to do? " I asked Abir, who was busy eating.. "Nothing! " he muttered, I burrowed my eyes and hit his shoulder.. "Should I do something special? " he asked and again started chewing food.. I gritted my teeth in irritation.. "You better eat only, why don't you marry the food instead, " I huffed..

"I can't romance with food, " he replied casually, I choked on my food.. "You are marrying me for this reason? " I asked, he started rubbing my back as I was coughing.. After completing his food, he left with the plate.. "Hello? I asked something, " I yelled, but he had already left.. Stomping my foot in frustration I went to the kitchen and kept the plate in the basin..

I went to my room and pushed the door.. The jewellery and this heavy saree were getting on my nerves.. I pulled the dori of my blouse, but it got knotted for the second time and didn't open.. I stood in front of the mirror showing my back and tried to open it, but nothing helped.. I became conscious and came to the center when someone pushed the door and came inside.. It was Abir, I sighed in relief.. My eyes widened when he closed the door.. "What are you doing? You are not allowed to come here! " I reminded him, but does he care?