𝐂𝐇. 53

𝐕𝐀𝐋 / 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓
❁༺♥༻☠︎

Val
     I wasn't sure whether we should go right or left—up or down from my perspective as I looked down at the map. Right was 10 minutes too long, but it was the only way to get to our destination. Left—which was not an option at all but it had caught my eye—seemed to be a very narrow path and was shorter than the right one, but there was no outlet, the very reason why it wasn't a choice in the first place.

But it spoke to me. Looking closely at the end of the alley, the only thing that would be separating us from reaching our destination was a wall. If we could find a way to just bring it down, it would be faster and easier to get our work done. Five minutes tops.

I sighed and didn't notice the pair of arms embracing me from behind until they were already fully wrapped around me. "Here," Simon's raspy voice whispered in my ear as he placed his finger down on the map right over the spot where we would go right. The tip of his finger moved and he surprised me when he turned left instead and came to a stop at the barrier I was currently glaring at.

"You see it too?" I asked him.

I felt his head nod on my shoulder. "We could ask Alejandro whether this is breakable or not. He would most likely know what to do. We'll be saving about ten minutes if we find a way to go through this path. It will be safer and faster."

"Yeah," I mumbled. Now I could finally breathe, knowing that I wasn't the only one thinking about it and knowing that I wasn't wrong about my thoughts either. I just hoped the rest of the team would agree with us, and if they did not, it was fine. We would be reaching our target either way.

Simon's hand roamed over my body, taking all of my concerns over to him. My thoughts evaporated into thin air until all I could think about was how hot his body felt pressed up against me. His face was buried in the crook of my neck, and his intake of a breath sent shivers down my spine like it always did. I knew what he desired, the same thing I was starting to desire too.

I was going to tell him that we couldn't, that maybe later, that I always wanted him but we were risking it—the team was coming and at any second, they would be entering through the door that was opened all the way—but he pressed his palm flat on my lower belly and pressed my hips against his. Good God, I felt him, hard and hot and probably so fucking exquisite. My mouth watered with the memories, my whole body shivering with need.

"You left early today,"  Simon said into my ear. He was right, I had left the room before he was even awake. But it was because this alley thing had been in my mind ever since we went to bed last night, and I couldn't let it pass. Still, it took a lot not to get back into his arms and stay until we had to get up.

I tried to turn around in his arms but he didn't let me, telling me how he woke up to empty sheets and how much he hated it. "Do you have any idea how that made me feel?"

"I'm sorry," was all I could say.

"Fucking desperate," he rasped, his fingers burying under the waistband of my pants and teasing the shit out of me. "I need you. I always do."

"We can't." It pained me to say it. "Not here."

"Yes, here. Right here." He buried one hand into my shirt and one hand into my panties, and I would've been out of my mind if I didn't let him continue.