𝐂𝐇. 17

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀
༻❁༺

I walked further into the dark room, the only light coming from the lamp standing on his nightstand, and I fidgeted with my fingers. Now that I was inside, that I was closer to the man I'd been craving for the past hour, I was somehow nervous, and I couldn't drive myself to look at Simon.

I heard the door softly shut, and I knew there was no way out. "Were you going to knock on my door?" Simon asked, his steps ringing across the quiet room as he came toward me from behind.

"Yes." I stared ahead at the wall. I couldn't seem to face him just yet. My body trembled. I've never felt this way, so desperate for someone's touch. But I just couldn't control myself when I didn't know what to expect from Simon.

"Why?" I felt him close, so close behind me that I felt the heat from his body through my bathrobe.

This time, I dared to turn around. My head fell back as I tried to meet his eyes. He was taller than me, the top of my head barely reaching his mouth and chin, and I think I liked it too much.

I thought about lying to him, saying I just couldn't sleep because of what I did two hours ago, invading his haven, that I felt guilty and I needed to apologize, but his eyes didn't let me.

"I had a dream," I said instead.

"What kind of dream?"

"You were in it."

Simon's eyes narrowed as he took a moment to process it before his pupils dilated and the realization hit him. He watched my eyes like he was refusing to believe the true meaning behind my words.

"I was in it?"

"Yes," I whispered.

"Jesus..."

He stepped closer, his chest pressing against mine. The friction of the bathrobe against my breasts made my nipples ache for attention, his attention. His eyes pinned me on my spot (not that I was planning to move) and he came down.

My breath got caught at the back of my throat when he raised his hand to move a strand of hair that was laying on my collarbone, and he leaned in to speak into my ear. "Did said dream got you all this flushed and hot?"

I shivered, nodding as a response because I forgot words actually existed.

Simon made a sound, almost like he grunted deep down his throat, and the tip of his finger caressed down my neck. "And you thought it was a good idea to come and find me?"

"I don't really care if this is a mistake anymore."

"Good. I don't either." His fingers gripped the back of my neck now and pulled back to watch my face. I looked into his eyes because those were the only ones on display, and I didn't mind, they were beautiful.

I smiled. "Good."

His thumb stroked my cheek before it trail down my jaw. Such a small gesture, yet it took the air right out of my lungs. My eyes fell closed. My lips fell apart. My hands shook, and I placed them on his arms to steady myself.

His free arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me flat against his body, his face buried in the crook of my neck. It tickled, the way he sucked in a breath and hummed approvingly.

"This." He pulled back, his face still hovering close over mine. "Your scent. It is all over the place now, did you know that Valentina?"

I shook my head no.

"I wouldn't mind if you leave it stuck on my bed, too."

I smiled. "How are you planning on getting it stuck?"