𝐂𝐇. 20

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀
༻❁༺

     Every touch sent that spark that Simon mentioned earlier through my body and it was enough to light me on fire in a matter of seconds. Soon, from touching innocently, I ached for more. And I knew Simon did too, I could see it all in the way his breathing got heavier, his touches turned more intense, purposeful.

His fingers stroked my knuckles and massaged my scalp, every now and then brushing my cheeks and lips and jaw and nose and everywhere. I touched his arms, down his chest, his neck, but never went up to his face.

His face, what was it like? What could it be like? I pressed my eyes together trying not to go down that other road. God, I was losing my mind, and I wanted out out out.

I shivered against Simon's touch, and I knew he could feel it all against his fingertips when he buried his hands under my tank top and pressed me to his body, making me arch my back. I fisted his shirt, pulling him close as well, my mouth hovering over where his mouth might have been, and I whispered, "Take me out of my mind."

Simon sucked in a breath. "I don't think that's a good idea, Darling."

"Why not?"

"You're upset."

I pulled back to have a better look at his eyes. "The very reason why I want you to take me out of my mind."

Simon chuckled lightly. "You may regret it later. I don't want to take advantage of you."

"You're not taking advantage of me." I leaned in and did what I'd been wanting to do for a while now. I pressed my lips to the skin that was showing between the collar of his shirt and the end of his black mask. The same spot that had been teasing me from across the room.

Simon groaned low in his throat, the sound humming down my body straight to my core. He buried his fingers in my hair and pulled my head back. The grip was tight, and it surprised me how bad, very badly, it turned me on.

"Don't do that," he growled.

"Why not?"

"It makes me want to do bad things to you."

"Simon," I complained, playing with the buttons of his shirt. God, why was he being so stubborn? We both wanted each other. We both pretty much knew it. We had done it just last night. So what was stopping him?

The place we were in wasn't the most convenient one. Anyone could come around the corner and find us. But I didn't care. I just wanted him. He and his fingers on me and his dirty words in my ear.

I opened my mouth to say it, but Simon didn't let me. I yelped when he grabbed my hips and—as if I weighed nothing—placed me on his lap, turning me around so that I was facing the other way, my back pressed against his chest.

His voice was huskier, "All right, baby. You want anything? I'll give it to you. Let me take you out of your mind."

Yes. I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed happily.

"Remember that dream you told me you had last night? The one that made you so warm and bothered you had to come to find me?"

"Mhm."

"Tell me more about it."

Was he serious? Of course, he was. How he rested his hands on his body instead of mine told me that he wouldn't do anything until I started talking. If this was his way of taking me out of my mind, I liked it.

My voice was shaky when I began, "I-I was in the kitchen of my apartment back in LA. I was hot too, same as when I appeared at your door, same as now. So I decided to make myself come while I thought of you."