𝐂𝐇. 27

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀
༻❁༺

Hot showers might be my favorite thing ever. Because, listen: the warm water softly running down your body, caressing your skin, loosening the tension in your muscles. The fog in the bathroom that—even though it steals a little bit of your breath—it promises to keep you warm. I could stand under the shower for hours and never notice those hours pass by.

But sadly, my stomach rumbled with hunger, interrupting my shower sesh, demanding to put some food in her. It had been about an hour since we arrived back at base 77. I had wanted to join the rest and interrogate Valeria, but as soon as I got the thumbs up, that I was clear to go and get some rest, I couldn't resist the temptation.

I threw the door of my room open. The air hitting my wet hair made me shiver, but I really liked the feeling of it. I wondered if the men were done with Valeria. I wondered if Simon was done with it too, and if so, why wasn't there any light coming from his room? Right as the thought ran across my mind, a light came through the gap in the door.

Okay. So, he was done.

I let myself smile at the thought of him. And as I walked down the hall to get some food, I couldn't help but think about him some more.

When I got in front of the fridge, steps rang across the kitchen and Alejandro appeared through one of the entrances. It confused me, what he was holding, that was. But then everything it took to understand why Alejandro just burst into a room holding a 24 Corona was a look at his face; He was glaring. Something was bothering him, and I knew he'd need about eight beers to start complaining about it.

Alejandro slammed the box on the table and turned to me. "Esta noche se toma." Tonight we drink.

"Oh? Por qué? De qué me perdí?" Why? What did I miss?

"Se que debería decírtelo, pero en serio Valentina, no quiero hablar de esa madre hasta que este pedo. Así que, jalas?" I know I should tell you, but really Valentina, I don't want to talk about that thing. So, you down?

I didn't understand what was happening to him, but I felt that I don't want to talk about that deep in my chest. So I smiled and told him, "Give me one."

He grinned. "Good choice."

Suddenly behind Alejandro, holding the same box of beers above his head as he stepped around Rodolfo, came Soap yelling, "Weeo Weeo Weeo, get out of my way, mate—Oh, hello Val. Good job out there."

"Thank you, Jabón."

He placed the box next to the fridge and approached me after he snatched my beer from Alejandro. "I owe you one. Had it been me, I wouldn't be here tonight."

"You're a smart guy, you would've found out a way—and that was my beer!"

Soap paused with the bottle pressed to his lips, and then grinned. "Not anymore."

*ೃ༄

I took a sip from my second beer and smiled. "Your Now is so cute, Soap." And it was. I realized I wouldn't get bored if he decided to say it all of the time.

He lifted an eyebrow and looked at me like I was crazy. "I have a long list of the things I've been called by women before, and cute was never included in it."

"Nauwr."

"Okay, now that's racist Valentina."

A snort came out of me as I punched him in the shoulder. "You'll get over it."

A few beats later, Soap leaned closer to me. "Did you know the heart of a shrimp is located in its head?"