𝐂𝐇. 23

𝐕𝐀𝐋
༻❁༺

If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot.
You call the shots, babe
I just wanna be yo—

"What are you humming?" The husky voice made me yelp, and with a slight movement, a few drops fell from my cup of coffee and reached my hand. Shit.

"Jesus, Simon," I winced.

"Did you burn yourself?" He took my hand in his and inspected it closely, but as fast as he asked the question, as fast as I forgot what he said.

Because those eyelashes... those eyelashes were large, with a light curve that made me wonder if they touched his eyebrows whenever he glanced up. What surprised me the most was that they were blond. Blond. Blond gave me a new vision of Simon without a mask. Blond hair, blond eyebrows, pale skin, and brown eyes—no. I shouldn't think about this. It felt wrong to even notice it.

Simon's eyes shot up and met mine. Just then I realized he had asked me something. The stupid mask didn't let me prove if his eyelashes touched his eyebrows.

I stammered. "What?"

"Are you okay? Did you burn yourself?"

"Yes. No. I am fine." I shrugged him off and turned my attention to the beautiful and charming hot cup of coffee settled in front of me ready to meet my lips and tongue. How come I'd never appreciated coffee this much? "Wow, this is really good."

"Coffee?"

"Yes. Want some?" But how was he going to drink it? Was he going to take the mask off and I'd get to meet his face?

"No," Simon responded. "But I appreciate the offer."

"Of course."

"So..." Simon leaned his back against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest. All of him looked delicious and he wasn't even aware of that, of what he did to me. He met my eyes and I melted on the inside. "What were you humming?"

I looked away. "Something about being a coffee pot," I kind of lied?

"Oh?" His body turned to me, now he was leaning on his hip. "What's it like? Does it have a name?"

I coughed into the cup, burning myself a little in the corners of my mouth. "Yeah. The song is called I Wanna Be Yours and it's by the band Arctic Monkeys."

He nodded his head. His eyes were sparkling playfully and I suspected the edge of his lip was turned upward. "Interesting."

"Yep."

"How does it go?" He took a step closer. My body, with a mind of her own, bent closer to him. "You want to be someone's coffee pot so they can touch you to turn you on and make you all hot and wet?"

I gasped. "Simon!" I couldn't believe he was playing with me. I went to hit his chest, but he caught my wrist to stop me and yanked me closer. I placed my hand flat on his chest to stop my body from bumping hard into him. "Are you teasing me?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe."

Oh, wow. I couldn't hold back the smile spreading on my face. I was starting to adore this side of him. The smile in his eyes. The playfulness in the air. The soft touches that felt like kisses from his lips.