Chapter 16

"Why is it so bright?" I mumbled, Apologizing, a voice responded, "Sorry about that." The person unwrapped themselves from my arms, lifted the blanket, and stood up from the bed. I assumed they went to adjust the curtains, as the room gradually dimmed.

As the person settled back onto the bed, the mattress dipped, and they pulled me closer, covering us both with the blanket. "Thanks for drawing the curtains." I drowsily said.

With a gentle kiss on my forehead, the person whispered, "You're welcome, princess."

Wait a minute, "princess

Wait a minute, "princess." I'm on the verge of panicking, thinking there's a stranger in my bed, when the memories from the previous day come rushing back to me and I realize it's just Jason.

Still feeling sleepy, I settle back into the bed. I must have pulled away from Jason a little, because he responds by pulling me closer. I snuggle back into him, finding comfort in his embrace.

When I wake up later I'm alone in bed and Jason side is cold so it must have been a while since he left the bed.

I sit up from the bed and stretch my body, a delicious smell wafts through the air, capturing my attention.

I follow the delicious scent to the kitchen where Jason is standing by the stove, wearing a chef's apron. He turns to me with a warm smile and greets me, "Good morning."

"Morning what are you doing," I reply, feeling curious about the amazing smell.

Jason chuckles with excitement,"I cooked breakfast"He gestures to the plates on the counter."Since I don't know your preference I just decided to go with pancakes"Jason said hoping I'd like it.

Approaching the counter, I see fluffy pancakes adorned with fresh berries and syrup, accompanied by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. The sight and scent make my mouth water. "It looks incredible,like a chef made it ," I say with awe.

His smile widens, and he takes a step closer, gently placing his hand on my waist. "You deserve the best," he whispers softly, his eyes locked with mine. He leans in and places a tender kiss on my forehead before pulling away. I can't help but smile in return.

"Come on let's go eat" Jason said as he takes my hand and sits me on the counter he sits down beside me and we start eating.I take a bite out of the pancakes and I just moan "It tastes better than it looks and I didn't even think that was actually possible"I said to Jason."Thanks princess"Jason said,"I could give you the recipe it was my moms"Jason continued with a smile."Really, thanks "I said with a smile.

Soon enough we finished breakfast "Thanks that was delicious"I said."Don't worry about it"Jason said with a smile.The smile on his face fell and just as I was about to ask what happened"I guess you have to leave soon," he said, his voice tinged with a touch of sadness.

A wave of sadness washed over me. "It's not that I don't want to spend the day with you, it's just..." Before I could finish my sentence, Jason interrupted me with a knowing look in his eyes. "Eva," he said softly, understanding the unspoken words.