Chapter 15

Suddenly, Jason turned to me and asked, "Do you want to stay over?" My heart skipped a beat at his invitation, and I looked up at him, surprised.

I was tempted by his offer, wanting to spend more time with him. Staying over would mean avoiding the fallout of what happened with Eva, at least for now. After the difficult morning I had, I felt like I deserved a break. I had already dealt with enough of Eva's drama for the day. The idea of spending time with Jason sounded like just what I needed.

"Yeah,I would like that"I said with a smile.A genuine smile spread across Jason's face, his eyes lighting up with joy. He pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace. "I'm really glad to hear that," he whispered softly, his voice filled with excitement.

Jason took my hand and led me to the cozy living room. We settled onto the couch, sinking into its comforting embrace.

As we got comfortable, Jason grabbed the remote and began scrolling through the movie options.

"What would you like to watch, Avery?" Jason asked.

"I'm okay with anything except horror films that have zombies," I said, shivering at the thought.

"What do you mean?" Jason asked, surprised but with a smile on his face.

"I can watch any horror films except something about zombie films,for some reason they just scare me," I explained. With a smile, Jason said, "You never fail to amuse me, princess."

Jason put his arms around me, pulling me closer, and clasped our hands together. I nestled comfortably into his shoulder and started admiring how our hands intertwined. Even though my hands were smaller than Jason's, they seemed to fit perfectly together. Meanwhile, Jason continued to scroll through the movie selection, searching for the perfect film to enjoy together.

He seemed to have noticed that I was distracted. "So, what about this?" he asked, gently nudging me. I looked up at the screen to see what he was referring to and saw "Harry Potter" displayed prominently.

"Really, Harry Potter?" I asked, my voice filled with excitement.

"Yeah? Is there something wrong? Don't you like it? It's one of my all-time favorite movies," Jason questioned, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

"I don't just like it, I absolutely love it! It's not just a movie for me; it's a whole world of wonder. And the books? Oh, they're even more amazing," I gushed, my voice sparkling with enthusiasm.

"I've only watched the movies," Jason admitted, a touch of intrigue in his tone.

"Well, you're in for a treat. The books add so much depth and detail to the story and In a way they're so much better than the movies. You should definitely give them a try," I suggested, a smile playing on my lips.

"I'll take your word for it, princess," Jason said, his voice filled with warmth.

With eager anticipation, we settled back on the couch, the movie beginning to play. The familiar theme music filled the room, and soon we were both transported to the enchanting world of Harry Potter.

Time flies by, and before I even realize it, the movie comes to an end. During the movie, I successfully  fought the temptation to tell Jason about the stark differences between the books and the movies,Suppressing my inner bookworm.

I shift my attention to my phone and notice that it's already around 8 o'clock. A quick glance reveals several missed calls from Eva."What would you like to eat"Jason asked,"I'm okay with anything"I said.

"Okay,Would you like to cook together?" Jason asked.

"Yes, I would really like that," I said.

As we were walking to the kitchen, we settled on tacos. We gathered the ingredients and put everything on the countertop.We separated the vegetables we needed into two portions and shared it.