Prologue

This is the first book I'll write so please try to forgive my mistakes and constructive criticism is welcome

---------------------------------------------------------
I look around while walking in central park it's Saturday so there are many people around. I'm listening to music that my sister Eva stone introduced me too.Since I spend most of my days at home I figured it wouldn't hurt to just go out and enjoy the view.

I check the time and realize that I've been out for almost four hours and it's already getting late I start walking home.My apartment isn't that far from the park it takes me about 30 minute to get home. I reach the building and since I'm outside I take a good look at it.The apartment is a little too expensive for my taste I was emotionally blackmailed by Eva's parent to stay there and I owe them everything.

When I was five my parents got into a car accident while arguing I survived with only a few minor injuries but they died and since I had no other family I was almost put into foster care but Eva's parent took me in because they've always wanted another daughter Eva was eight when I was adopted so she was pretty happy to get a younger sister.They treated me like a daughter and I've always felt indebted to them.

I enter the apartment building and wait for the elevator to arrive. I hear the sound signifying the elevator has arrived and enter it.Since Eva's parent own the building we were put in the penthouse suite. As I enter the elevator I press the button for the top.Since I'm the only one inside i get there quicker I exit the hallway and walk to the door of my apartment and enter the passcode the door opens.

Since I'm the only one inside i get there quicker I exit the hallway and walk to the door of my apartment and enter the passcode the door opens

"Eva are you there"I drop my keys as I enter and since I don't receive a response I just assume she's out.The apartment is spacious and it has three bedroom so Eva and I have our own space. I call Eva to ask her where she is but she doesn't pick up. I walk towards the kitchen. Every time I see the kitchen I can't help but look at it in awe. It is every chef's dream. I love baking so the kitchen is basically my favorite place in the apartment. I take a glass of water and walk to my bedroom.

My bedroom is the smallest while Eva room is the biggest but I like mine because of the view

My bedroom is the smallest while Eva room is the biggest but I like mine because of the view. I work as a self employed graphic artist so I mostly set my work hours. Since business is booming I'm always busy on my laptop.

Avery bedroom

Eva bedroom

Things weren't always like this after I graduated from college I couldn't get a job but aunt Mary and Uncle Stephen (Eva's parent) introduced me to a client I hesitated initially since I wanted to make my own way but since I had no clients I figur...

Things weren't always like this after I graduated from college I couldn't get a job but aunt Mary and Uncle Stephen (Eva's parent) introduced me to a client I hesitated initially since I wanted to make my own way but since I had no clients I figured things couldn't get any worse.The client really liked my work so I've been busy ever since. I'm 23 I have a stable job and an apartment so things are great.

"Avery come here I have something to tell you"I've been so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear Eva arrive.I stand up to meet Eva before I leave my room I drop my earbuds and stop the music.I walk to the sitting room and don't see Eva there so I figured she must be in her room.I decide to just wait for her.

I'm watching a rerun of big bang theory when Eva comes out of her room."Avery I've got some exciting news for you"Eva said as she sat down next to me.Everytime she says something like that she always forces me to do stuff with her."I just got to two vip ticket to one of Hayden Thorne concert and we even get to go backstage and everything "Eva said."how is this a surprise for me"I said."Well since you couldn't stop gushing about how much you liked his song I thought you'd want to meet him"Eva said.I reduce the volume of the show to listen to Eva"Out of his whole Album that you introduced me too I only liked one song what makes you think I'd like to see him and besides you know I'm not really into going to concerts since I hate crowded spaces"."Avery just please follow me just this once"Eva said.

I don't why Eva is insisting she knows I hate going to crowded spaces but she always tries to force me to tag along when she has no one else to go with."Have you asked those snobby friends of yours what's their name Beatrice and Sophie"I said."No it's Bella and Sofia at least you almost got Sofia's name right and they're not snobs why don't you try to get along with them"Eva said with a look in her eyes as if she's scolding a child."Don't look at me like that they're the ones that are always mean to me but you never seem to notice"I said quietly.From the day I met them they've always been mean to me cause I wasn't born rich like them and I was adopted.

They've always tried to turn Eva against me but she just never seen to noticed."Why can't you go with them"I said."I know I called them but they're busy"Eva said."Well can't you ask another person to go it's not like they're your only friends you have lots of friends from work"I said.

Eva is a very famous and popular actress she mostly stays in Los Angeles but when she's in new York she mostly stays with me.It gets annoying when she's in New York and paparazzi are camping outside but since I'm not in the industry they don't know me and think I'm just another tenant."You're speaking as if actors have nothing to do and they just sit at home all day,I knew you'd say that I already asked and they're busy please just go with me"Eva said.

"I don't want to go"I said. Eva pouts and looks at me"please just go with me". Something is definitely off anytime Eva asks me to go somewhere and I reject her she usually just goes by herself."Eva is everything okay you're not hiding anything from me","Why would you say that Avery everything's fine"Eva said shocked. Something is definitely wrong."If you really want me to go with you just tell me the truth"I said.
---------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think about Avery.Can you guess what Eva's hiding.