Chapter 13

"Avery, what's that mark on your cheek?" he asked, his voice laced with anger.

I couldn't believe I had forgotten about it. I stammered out a response, trying to cover up my mistake. "Um, remember I told you something came up with Eva, well the mark is a result," I said, nervously laughing.

But Jason wasn't laughing. His expression turned to one of shock as he realized what had happened. "Eva did this to you?" he exclaimed, drawing the attention of the cafe patrons around us.

I quickly tried to calm him down, worried that his outburst would draw more attention. "Jason, lower your voice. People are staring," I whispered soothingly.

But his anger only intensified. "Avery, after what she did, you're asking me to calm down?" he spat, pulling out a cap and sunglasses that I hadn't even noticed he had. He stood up from his seat and took my hand firmly in his. "We're leaving. This isn't the place to have this kind of conversation," he declared as he guided me out of the cafe and hailed a cab with lightning speed.

As we settled into the backseat, a knot formed in my stomach. I knew telling Jason about Eva's attack on me would not go over well, but I never expected his anger to be so intense. The car ride to the hotel was eerily silent. It was as if the taxi driver sensed the tension and didn't dare interrupt. We were both lost in our thoughts as we made our way to the hotel.

When we arrived, Jason helped me out of the cab, leaving a generous tip for the driver without waiting for the change. Walking to his suite, I noticed that it was at the opposite end from mine. Eva must have arranged it that way, but it made me wonder why we had never crossed paths before. I glanced at my own door as we passed it, wondering if Eva was still inside.

Once we entered Jason's suite, he remained visibly angry, but I could tell he was trying to calm down. I took a seat and waited for him to speak. "Can you tell me what happened?" he asked, still seething with anger.

As I recounted the story of Eva's attack on me, Jason's anger intensified, his jaw clenched so tightly that I thought he might break his teeth. But before he could explode, his phone rang, interrupting the tense moment. "It's my manager," he muttered, his voice tense. I could hear a muffled voice on the other end as Jason tried to brush off the call, but my ears perked up when I heard him say, "I told you I'm not going to agree to date her, I can't."

Suddenly, everything clicked into place,he was talking about Eva. Without thinking, I leapt up and snatched the phone from his hand, cutting off the call. "Avery, what was that for?" Jason demanded, reaching for the phone.

"Is it because of what happened that you're refusing to fake a relationship with Eva?" I asked him pointedly as I avoided giving his phone back to him.

"Well, no and yes," he replied, clearly frustrated. "I wasn't ever going to agree to date her, Avery. Have you forgotten that I'm dating you? And the fact that she slapped you for no reason?"

"I know that," I said, my own voice rising in pitch. "But I can't let Eva's career be destroyed because of what she did."

"I get that, Avery," Jason said, his voice softening a little. "But she's not a good person. Why can't you realize that?"

"But it's her career, Jason. I remember when I was starting out, and how hard it was. I can't let someone else's career crumble like that. Especially Eva, even after what she did, she's still family," I argued.

"Avery, I can't. I'm sorry," Jason said, his voice heavy with regret. He took his phone back and began to dial his manager's number, but then I had an idea.

"Wait, couldn't you just leave it alone and let the rumors continue? You wouldn't have to agree or deny anything, and it would still help Eva's career anyway," I suggested.

"That's still the same as helping her, Avery. And I don't want to do that," Jason said firmly.

"Please, please Jason. You literally wouldn't have to do anything. And don't think of it as helping Eva. Think of it as helping me," I pleaded. After a moment of silence, Jason reluctantly agreed, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I embrace Jason tightly, feeling grateful for his support. "Thank you," I whisper. Jason nods, a soft smile gracing his features. "I'm only doing this for you, Avery," he says before reciprocating my hug.

" It's hard to believe Eva could do something like that," Jason says, his tone laced with genuine concern. "I'm not trying to make excuses for her, but I think her actions stem from the immense pressure she's under. Her career is failing, and I know it's not an excuse for what she did, but I can't let her lose this opportunity too," I reply, my voice tinged with empathy.

As we pull away from each other, Jason looks at me with admiration and love. He leans in and plants a gentle kiss on my forehead, causing me to close my eyes and savor the moment. "That's one of the things I admire about you, Avery. You're too good of a person," he says, his words warming my heart. "I'll be there to make sure no one takes advantage of that," he adds, his protective nature making me feel safe and cherished.

"Would you like anything from the kitchen? I need to go call my manager and share the plan with him," Jason asked, his voice smooth and reassuring.

"A bottle of water would be great, thanks," I replied with a smile.

As Jason headed to the kitchen, I could hear him dialing his phone and speaking to his manager in hushed tones. When he returned with my drink, he was still on the call, but his expression had shifted to one of confidence and satisfaction.

He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in close. My phone starts ringing, and I see that it's Eva calling. I quickly hit the "decline" button, not wanting to deal with her drama at the moment. I made a mental note to talk to her later when I was in a better headspace.

I noticed Jason glance at my phone, but he didn't say anything about it. His own phone rang shortly after, but he quickly silenced the call without checking who it was. We both lapsed into a comfortable silence.

"Avery, you seem lost in thought again," Jason finally spoke up, pulling me out of my reverie. "Is everything okay?"

I hesitated for a moment before answering. "It's nothing, really," I said, but Jason seemed unconvinced by my response. He gave me a gentle smile but didn't push the issue.

Suddenly, Jason leaned in and kissed me on the lips. I was taken aback for a moment but quickly melted into the kiss. One thing led to another, and before we knew it, we were making out on the couch.

Just as things started to heat up, there was a loud knock on the door. We both jumped and pulled away from each other, startled by the interruption. "Hayden, it's Eva."

Hi guys do you think that Eva will find out about Avery and Hayden dating in the next chapter and how do you think she'll react if she does.

Do you guys think Avery was right in asking Hayden to neither agree nor deny the rumor to help Eva career.

Sorry for the late update and if you liked the chapter don't forget to like, comment and share with your friends and followers.
Thanks for reading ♥️♥️