My child?~ Larissa

It was your daughters first day of Nevermore. You'd known she was an outcast her whole life but you preferred to homeschool her until she was 15. It meant you had more flexibility to work and go to school at the same time, being a single teen mum.

You had been 16 when you fell pregnant and had to leave Nevermore yourself. You were sent work by your teachers who would grade it when you sent it back. You graduated 2 years later and got into university.

Your daughter was the light of your life, despite your circumstances, Juliet was probably the best thing to happen to you.

She was a shapeshifter like you and you taught her everything you knew about your power.

Pulling up at the familiar school was almost scary. Would you be judged? Would Juliet be judged? It was supposed to be a safe space, she would be fine.

The Headmistress was waiting outside for you.

"Y/n! I didn't know you had a daughter!" Larissa smiled happily.

"Yeah I do! How are you Larissa?" You laugh awkwardly.

"I'm doing well thank you, what about you?"

"Wondeful."

"Well that's amazing! If you want to say goodbye to Juliet now you can, ill help her settle."

"Ok, I do need to get to work." You hugged Juliet goodbye and wished her luck before watching her disappear with her mother.

You felt slightly anxious about this. Larissa wouldn't work it out would she? Juliet wouldn't find out would she? Neither of them have to know.

~4 months later~

While at work, your phone started furiously ringing off the hook. When it showed Juliets number, you grew worried.

Y: Baby?

J: PRINCIPAL WEEMS IS MY MOTHER? YOU TOLD ME MY DAD LEFT US!

Y: Yes I did lie, but that's because no one knew besides your grandparents and the headmaster. I wanted to protect you.

J: SO IS THAT WHY YOU DIDNT SEND ME TO NEVERMORE A FEW YEARS AGO?

Y: No I was worried you'd get bullied, your mother liked women and was a single teen mum, it's the most welcomed thing Juliet.

J: WELL YOU ARENT MY MOTHER ANYMORE! IM STAYING WITH LARISSA FOR CHRISTMAS!

Y: THE HELL YOU ARENT! I HAVE FULL CUSTODY OVER YOU, AND YOU ARE STILL A MINOR!

J: Well expect a letter soon from our lawyers, we are suing for Larissa to have full custody of me.

You hung up there.

You wanted to speed down to the school and throw Larissa off the roof but you had to finish your shift, you needed money.

Once your shift was over, you sped down to the school and stormed inside. Running up to the Principal's office, you barged in while Larissa was sat with Juliet, both of them laughing over something.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" Larissa asked, shocked.

"Juliet go to your dorm, I don't want you to see this."

"You aren't my mother!" She snapped.

"Go on honey, I'll be there soon." Larissa whispered and she nodded, walking out quickly, shutting the door behind her.

"SO YOURE SUING FOR CUSTODY OF MY DAUGHTER? WHY DIDNT YOU EVEN ASK ME IF YOU WERE RIGHT!"

"Calm down y/n. Yes I want custody of Juliet when she isn't at school, I've missed 15 years with her, I deserve it. And it's pretty obvious. She's 16 and 16 years ago you left school randomly, you instantly broke up with me and she has my eyes!"