Somewhere only we know~ Brienne of Tarth

It was an exciting time on the small island called Tarth, the Evenstar's daughter was returning for her wedding to Lannister Lion, Ser Jamie.

But you were probably the only person on the whole island who wasn't excited.

*flashback*

"Brienne, you're leaving?" You choke, holding back sobs.
"Darling, its my chance to be part of the Kingsguard!"
"Brienne, what about us. What about everything?" You cry.
"I've got to go, but I will be back, I promise." She pulls you in for one last kiss before walking away, sitting on the oak tree, in the gardens of Evenfall Hall.

You left the grounds that day, returning to your home. You didn't go say goodbye to the heir of Tarth as your family did. You sat and cried. Cried a river.

*present day*

It was the day of her return and most of the island, were going to greet her. But you didn't. You hid again, like you had all those many years ago. You and Brienne had sent letters but she stopped responding. Even when you found out she resided at Winterfell. She clearly didn't want anything to do with you.

*Brienne's pov*

Me and Jamie reached the shore of my home. I was overjoyed. We stepped onto land and made the journey to Evenfall. We were greeted by the people of Tarth and my father. It was all so overwhelming. But I didn't see the one girl I hoped.

"Dad, why isn't Lady y/n here? Her mother and father are?" I question as he hugs me. He was the only one who knew about our relationship.
"Brienne, you are getting married, no need to dwell on the past." My father states, looking over my shoulder to see my soon husband, Jamie.

I loved Jamie, and I had gotten over y/n but it hurt she wasn't here. She probably had been married off to some lord, she was high born after all.

"Dad, was she married?" I asked quickly.
"No, she still resides here, on her family's land. But she doesn't appear in public since you left. But let's get you inside." He takes my hand in his, pulling me towards my childhood home.

Jamie was hot on our heels but didn't join us, my father still despised him ever so slightly. He settled us in my old chambers before leaving to check on tonight's plans.

"I'm going out." I snap, walking towards the door but Jamie caught me.
"Where is my beautiful knight going?" He gives a big grin.
"I need to see someone, I'll be back before the feast." I snap, walking out the room and eventually the castle.

*normal pov*

Your parents soon returned but left you to it. What you hadn't told Brienne, was that they knew about you both. And that they knew you were hurt.

They had plans to fill in for Lord Selwyn, visiting the people of the island, giving out food to the less fortunate.

They left not long after.

Between your sobs, you heard frantic knocking. You opened the door and outside was Brienne. You went to slam it but she was lots stronger.

"Why weren't you there this morning?" She snaps, stepping in your room.

"Go away Brienne! I don't want to see you!" You turn away, tears threatening to escape.
"That's not how you talk to a Knight!"
"Well knights font barge in unwelcome do they?" You quip back.
"I want to talk."
"About what?"
"Us."
"There is no us and there hasn't been since you left. And also did you forget you are getting married. But well done, seducing the kingslayer." You snap.
"I did not seduce him! And you don't know him like I do!"
"You're right but I also don't know you. You're a liar. And that's something I never thought you, Brienne, would lie. You promised me you would come back. YOU FUCKING PROMISED!" You sob, turning away from her.
"But when was I supposed to? There was a war y/n."
"You could've written to me, atleast to say goodbye. Not fuck another man and come back to get married. And I will not be in attendance at your wedding. And I don't care. Threaten me with death for all I want. I would rather die than be at your wedding, that's how much you hurt me. And now leave. Just leave." You take a deep breath before pointing to the door.
"Y/n, please come." She begged.
"Oak tree, 2pm tomorrow, good day, Ser Brienne." You curtsy out of politeness before she left.