Break up or Make up?

You: YOU FUCKING BITCH GWENDOLINE! I SAY I LOVE YOU AND YOU RESPOND WITH I DON'T! HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT? I'LL ANSWER! VERY. IF YOU DIDN'T ANSWER, I WOULDN'T MIND, BUT AFTER 5 YEARS, YOU DON'T LOVE ME? FINE GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING FACE AGAIN!
you scream.

Gwendoline's face was numb and she turns and leaves. You burst into tears, how could she do this? You'd both said it a million times before, so why now?
Why couldn't she just break up with you?

You decide before she can, you're going to announce your breakup. You open Instagram.
Story:

Hey loves,
I just wanted to update you guys about me and Gwendoline. Sadly, we have decided to part ways. I'm very sorry but I won't be going into depth about what caused our split but remember I love you all so much and have a lovely day ❤️.

You start getting hundreds of messages and you feel overwhelmed. You sit on your bed, tears still rolling down your face.
You pick up your phone and ring someone.
You: Paul?
P: Yeah hun? I saw your post!
Y: Oh... anyway I wanna do a breakup album
P: Oh, what happened?
Y: I said I love you to Gwendoline and she responded with just a plain I don't!
P: Oh honey, do you want me to come over?
Y: Can you?
P: Course hun, I'll be 30 minutes, I'm gonna pick up some stuff.

You hang up and sit on your bed. At least Paul was coming. Paul was your manager and producer and he felt like a father.

Half an hour later, there was a knock at the door. Paul opened it and hugged you. You showed him upstairs and you both sat on the bed.

"So I bought, cookies, cake, sweets and I ordered 3 pizzas, proper breakup feast!" He laughed
"Thanks Paul," you giggle too and hug him.
You switch on a film for some background noise and sit and chat.

"So album? First a name!" He says
"Can I call it 'Fuck you Gwendoline?" You laugh
"Unless you want a lawsuit, probably not!"
"What about 'I don't'? Those were her last words to me!"
"Good idea! How many tracks?"
"10?"
"Maybe more? 12?"
"Perfect!"
"Song names y/n?"
"I loved you, I don't, fuck you, miss me?, better without you, my loves all gone?"
"Half the album already?" Paul laughs
"Yeah!" You giggle.

The doorbell rings and Paul goes to pay.
He brings back up the pizza and you sit with him, watching the film. You rest your head on his shoulder.
You finish the film and put on another and another and another.
Paul decides to leave but he will come back in the morning.
You go to bed, missing a person. You missed her touch, her warmth, she cuddles. But you had to let her go, you loved her but she didn't.

~skip 3 months~

You were getting over Gwendoline with the album. You spent nights writing lyrics and practising. Finally, you were in the studio.

You spent the day in the studio, but you were too excited. Your latest album had been nominated for an award. You were very excited because you worked so hard on that album, it took almost a year.

That evening you were sat with Paul, waiting for your Category. Finally, it was time.

"And the winner is........ Girlfriends by
Y/N Y/L/N!!"

You screamed and hugged Paul. You walked up onstage. You took your award and started your speech.

"I just want to thank everyone for this, I couldn't have done it without you. Also my manager Paul, he spent countless hours with me, until we got it perfect. This is probably my favourite album of all and I love you all. Talking of albums, I have a new one! 28th October, so keep your eyes out. Do I seem excited? Because I DON'T!"
You walk off stage giggling to yourself. Can they work out what it's called.
"I'm so proud of you sweetie!" Paul says hugging you.
You look over to your right and see Gwendoline, who was also there, scowl. Perfect.
She knew what you were doing, releasing what was probably a breakup album on her birthday.

She won her nomination and you were kind of happy for her. You saw her smile light up as she took the award. Her smile was the brightest in the room. NO! Don't fall for her!

~27th October ~

It was 11 30 and the album drop was at midnight. You were incredibly nervous. You were also excited. Payback is a bitch.
The clock strikes midnight and you post on Instagram about the release.

~3 days later~

You were looking at the top tracks and surprisingly you were taking up the whole top 10.
You rang Paul, telling him to look.  He was so happy for you.

~1 month later~

You just found out, you had been nominated for an award for I don't! There was only one problem, Gwendoline. She was hosting the show.

~awards show~

And the winner of best music album is...... I don't by y/n y/l/n!

You are so happy and almost start to cry. You walk up on stage, looking at Gwendoline. You don't break eye contact. She has tears appearing and you can't tell if it's happy or sad tears.

You take the award and go to make a speech.

"Thank you all so much for the love for this album, I love you all so much. But I can't accept this award *gasp*. It wasn't me who wrote it, it was the person behind me. The album name, the song names. All her. I might just give this award to her, but I won't. I'm not giving her that satisfaction. I don't want to upset the evening but I'd like to tell everybody why we split up. It wasn't mutual or maybe it was but it wasn't a calm. We dated for 5 years as you all know. The night I announced our public break up, I'd told her I loved her like I did everyday. She simply responded with 'I dont'. I broke up with her then and there. Ok that's it. Thank you all again but I can't accept this!" You leave the award on stage and walk out, dragging Paul with you.

"Y/N!!!! Why did you do that?" Paul asked
"Cause it was funny but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be!"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, when I walked up onstage, I held intense eyecontact with Gwendoline. I wanted to run into her embrace again. I almost missed her. No I do miss her!"
"Y/N go tell her then!" Paul says
"Well I can't can I? She's probably moved on. I just won an award for an album I wrote about our break up. I can't!"
"It's now or never!"
"Sadly never Paul!"

You turn to walk away until you here the running of footsteps. You see cameras and lots of people following someone.

GWENDOLINE?

She runs up to you. She grabs your cheeks, pulling you in for a passionate kiss. You can here people gasping and cameras flashing but you ignore it. You were back in her arms and you couldn't be happier.

"I love you y/n!"
"I don't!" You respond leaving her shocked. She turns around going to leave.
You grab her and kiss her deeply, making her blush.
"Of course I love you silly! I've loved you since the day you left! You cry.