"But why you?" Percy asked, "You would never do something like that."

"Yes we'll, Mr. D had to blame someone." Chiron explained.

"But that's not fair!" Annabeth cried, "you can't leave."

"I'm sorry, but unfortunately I've lost trust it many of the gods. I cannot stay here."

"But, isn't there some way to cure the poison." Em asked.

"The poison is a very rare strand, Esmeralda. I've never seen something like this before, it's something from the underworld."

A silence fell upon them.

"I-I wouldn't-" Chiron cut her off.

"I know you wouldn't, but the gods have reason to believe after the time you spend down there last year."

Esmeralda couldn't believe what she was hearing. Once again she was being blamed for something she didn't do. And this time Chiron was taking the blame for her.

"This information must stay within the three of you. And-" he looked a Tyson who was watching Chiron's tail in awe. "-this one. If the camp finds out it will be hell for you. Do you understand?"

The three of them nodded, Em wanted to say something but she didn't know what.

"There has to be something we can do, if we just sit here the camps boarders will fail." Percy was getting more and more upset as the conversation continued.

"Well-" Chiron paused, thinking over his words, "ah never mind. It was foolish of me to think of such a thing."

"What?" A ray of hope could be heard in Percy's voice.

"It's not going to happen Percy, you must not think of trying to save the camp."

"But Kron-"

"Do not speak of the titan lords name, not here, not now."

Percy looked around the camp, he couldn't imagine it without Chiron, and he certainly didn't want to imagine the camp being destroyed by monsters.

"Esmeralda, Annabeth, promise me you will keep Percy here. We can't have any of you running off,
especially with the prophecy."

"What prophecy?" Percy asked. "You mean the prophecy?"

They all stayed quiet, not allowed to answer his question. "Alrighty then." He nodded.

"You must promise me you will watch him, and you yourself Esmeralda." She knew Chiron was referring to her dreams, she hadn't had one in a while, but now was the perfect time for them to return.

"I promise." She nodded, though she wanted to run and hide from her problems.

The tension seemed to ease and the only sounds heard were Annabeth's sniffles. "Right then, I'm off to visit some of my old kinsmen in the Everglades. Hopefully there is something they know that can cure Thalia's tree. Unfortunately until then, I will be dismissed."

"This is so unfair," said Percy, "who is this Tantalus guy anyways."

Em grimaced, she'd already encountered the man, he wasn't pleasant to say the least. The sound of the conch horn rolled over the valley, letting them know it was time to assemble for dinner.