Chapter 35: The path towards a change III

Começar do início

Vlad: Any other reasons?

Elijah: No.

Elijah attempts to punch Vlad, however...

Vlad: Electric punch!

Their fists clash one another, but the electricity quickly stopped as it turned into a fist bump.

Vlad: Lier, what are the other reasons?

Then they let go of the fist bump and back away from each other, Vlad stands in a fighting pose.

Elijah: . . . You already know the duel and the rules, that is why.

Vlad charges his fists.

Vlad: Oh no way I will let that duel happen...

Vlad seemed to already know about the type of duel.

Vlad: A duel that will take away all the honour of a demon and given to another demon or half-breed also making sure to guarantee also to be the right hand of the queen & king which is a higher posisition then the elite guard and royal judge. However the losing demon's honour means that they will be hated by the demon kind, of course that applies to half-breeds too.

Elijah: This duel will finally decide the long awated fight between me and her that started 3 years ago and we shall finish, with my victory of course.

Vlad: Your victory my ass... You will lose to her even if you used your full power.

Elijah: Is that so... Ok 3 months from now, I want her and I to fight back in Adumfor at the arena of the death.

Elijah turned around.

Elijah: We all know she is cocky and will accept this challenge, even if it costed your life!

Then Elijah left, this was... Sudden. Suddenly Vlad looked up to this guy as a patrol partner and example of a hero, but what has changed him to act all mad over an arena challenge. Then Vlad recalls 3 days after the arena challenge that he saw Elijah talking to a girl that is linked with the anti-hero organisation.

Flashback loaded...

Elijah: Y-You let this happen?!

The girl laughs.

The girl: Of course I did, Zoe was meant to use the gadget on you as planned. Otherwise you would've done the same thing.

Elijah: It wasn't gonna be like that!

The girl looked away as Vlad was hiding in a bush overhearing the conversation.

The girl: Kazuna approved this, the council has also approved this containing technique. The more you lose, the better.

Flashback pauses...

Vlad sits down on his couch wondering if that conversation he overheard is going on more on the American and United Nations research on the beserk state conditions.

Flashback continues...

The girl: Limitations exist Kanomato, whether you like it or not. No matter how strong you become, even with the inhumane training you get from the council... We cannot let you become better then the council or else then the order and balance will fall apart.

Elijah: And let X become powerful, absurd. That guy is a scum-

The girl: Listen here...