Chapter 22: Uneasiness

Start from the beginning

"Hm...it's too early to tell, but so far I don't think there's any problem with him."

"Really? Thank goodness, it would be a shame if Kurose-kun were expelled."

"Right," Kirino-chan agreed. "It's hard to believe that someone like Kurose-kun would do something like that."

"Don't you guys trust him too much?" Nakatani-san chimed in. "Who knows what he does when he's alone, not everyone is as good as they seem, you know."

"Well, you have a point but..." said Kirino-chan who was starting to look doubtful.

"What are you talking about?" suddenly Miwa Mitsuki-san came out of nowhere and sit with us. The real owner of the bench she was sitting on seemed to be playing with a friend on the other side of the class so Miwa sat down without any objections.

"Mitsuki, we were talking about Kurose-kun," Tsuyu-chan replied.

"Ah, of course. Everyone is talking about it right now." Miwa-san looked at Kurose-kun who was currently chatting with Minami-kun. Poor guy, he must be feeling really awkward being in class right now.

"You think he's innocent?" Nakatani-san asked her. Miwa who is in the same study group as Kurose-kun must know him a little better than us.

"Hm...Kuro-chan doesn't look like a pervert..."

"Could he be hiding his true nature? A lot of bad people look like decent man on the outside."

"But it still feels impossible to me. I mean the victims are the seniors, right? Why does he have to peek at the senpais—"

"Wait a minute," I interrupted. "How did you know that Kurose-kun's examination had something to do with that? I thought Shionome-sensei wouldn't mention anything."

Nakatani started resting her chin on her hands. "Well, were there any other cases besides that?"

That is true. Yesterday the entire school was shocked by the expulsion of seniors for possessing indecent photos of female students, and the next day Kurose-kun was summoned for questioning. Of course, everyone will associate it with yesterday's case. Kurose-kun's reputation is currently at stake.

"Back to the topic," Miwa-san interjected. "I'm sure Kurose-kun is innocent..."

"Why?" Nakatani-san asked.

"Because why does he have to target the senior girls, when he has a lot of targets that are closer to him?"

Nakatani-san's eyes widened and mine as well. We were all shocked by what she said. What exactly does she mean by saying that?

"Mitsuki you..." Kirino didn't know what to say.

"Miwa-san...you want to be peeked on?"

"No! It is not like that! Don't jump to conclusions like that," Miwa-san immediately rectified her words with a slight blush on her face. "I mean, perverts will usually start with the people around them, people they see a lot. Why does he have to look far away when there are many beautiful girls like us nearby?"

This girl started praising herself. I felt a bit amused looking at it but that's how Miwa-san is. What she said made sense but it's also a bit creepy. I don't want to imagine myself being a target of perverts.

"Perhaps he has been doing it secretly?" said Nakatani, and I shuddered. "Or maybe he prefers older girls?"

"No way, if he's lustful, then there must be signs, and Kuro-chan has never shown those signs."

"Uwaah, Mitsuki..." Tsuyu said with a horrified look. "You seem to know a lot about this?"

"Oi, what do you mean by that question? Are you saying that I'm a pervert?"