𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐔𝐩. ||🖤💜

Ship(s) in this chapter:

- Levight🖤💜

- He/They for Light

~~~~~

- ⚠️!TW!⚠️: Mentions of bullying, swearing, mentioning of suicide

Requested by: @Lynisyourmom

__________________________________________

★3rd Person POV

Light's shaky breaths filled the ghosted hallway as he kneeled down and picked up the papers that they had dropped. He slowly collected everything from the ground and stood back up, their back leaning against the locker. Light was trying his hardest to keep themself together, but it was becoming more difficult the longer he stayed in this horrible, horrible school building.

"You're gonna get in trouble for wandering around in this hall, ya know?" A familiar voice spoke. Light could imagine the smirk on his face.

Light nodded and responded quietly, "Yes, I know. Just-... Just don't be difficult and say anything about this. I just needed a few minutes to myself."

Light could feel the eye roll coming from the figure towering over him, "Yeah, okay. Get ahold of yourself for once. Is it truly that impossible of a task for you?"

No response. The figure scoffed and Light listened as their footsteps grew quieter and quieter the further he got away. Light took a few quick breaths, hoping to calm down at least a bit, but it wasn't helping at all. Before anything could drip out of Light's eyes, he quickly wiped their nonexistent tears away, slammed his fist into the locker, and began walking the opposite way that the person from before.

The figure was an "ex-friend" of Light, Levi. Light doesn't exactly remember when they split up, but ever since something tragic happened to Light's sister, Alex (Levi had developed something for her), Levi started taking out all of his emotions on Light, as if it were their fault. The only reason Levi believed that the incident was caused by Light was that he was also a victim in the incident, and there was no evidence of anyone else being there at the scene besides Light and Alex. 

But, this accident happened in middle school, sixth grade. Now, they were both in 9th and 10th grade in high school. It's been years and Levi still hasn't shown Light an ounce of mercy at all, even if he was younger. Matter of fact, he's been getting worse and worse as the days, weeks, months, and years flew by. Though, through all of this, Light had some friends. He even had a small friend group at first. But, just as those weeks went by, so did their friends. They all ended up moving out of the town due to the rise in accidents and such. There were so many reckless drivers in this town, so people wanted to get out as soon as possible.

When Light reached the stairs, he sat down on one of the steps and looked down. He began to think about everything. He accidentally looked down at their hand and saw the huge scar stretching from one side of his hand to the other. He thought back to the accident and sighed. He knew that there was nothing they could've done since they were so young when it occurred, but he still wished deeply that it had never happened in the first place.