𝐇𝐁𝐏 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on, Harry," said Hermione, suddenly impatient. "It's not Quidditch that's popular, it's you! You've never been more interesting, and frankly, you've never been more fanciable."

Ron gagged on a large piece of kipper. Emily rolled her eyes and decided to turn her interests on twirling her hair, angrily.

Hermione spared them both one look of disdain before turning back to Harry.

"Everyone knows you've been telling the truth now, don't they? The whole Wizarding world has had to admit that you were right about Voldemort being back and that you really have fought him twice in the last two years and escaped both times. And now they're calling you 'the Chosen One' — well, come on, can't you see why people are fascinated by you?"

"And you've been through all that persecution from the Ministry when they were trying to make out you were unstable and a liar. You can still see the marks on the back of your hand where that evil woman made you write with your own blood, but you stuck to your story anyway. . . ."

"You can still see where those brains got hold of me in the Ministry, look," said Ron, shaking back his sleeves.

"And it doesn't hurt that you've grown about a foot over the summer either," Hermione finished, ignoring Ron.

"I'm tall," said Ron inconsequentially.

Emily giggled and Ron gave her an odd look, but Harry also shared a laugh with Emily, now both Hermione and Ron looking confused.

The post owls arrived, swooping down through rain-flecked windows, scattering everyone with droplets of water. Most people were receiving more post than usual; anxious parents were keen to hear from their children and to reassure them, in turn, that all was well at home.

Emily jumped up and smiled when she saw Dice soaring through the air, and landed in front of her holding not one but two letters.

Emily untied them both and handed the owl a piece of Ron's food and watched as the owl flew off, Ron looking annoyed that an owl just ate his food.

"I'll be back!" Emily told her friends, she held the two letters in her hand and ran out of the hall.

When she found a classroom that no one had acquired yet, she sat on a desk and opened the first letter.

Dear Emily,
                          How's Hogwarts without me? I bet it's boring! I hope the teachers aren't confusing you too much about the work. I know what you get like, do not let it stress you out and distract you from having fun! Hogwarts is the funnest thing in the world but only if you make it. I also hope your friends are alright and I hope Draco's not being too much of a idiot this year. If you can, try and get him to stop being such a prat and tell him his older cousin Ethan can't wait until he can bully him again.  I really do hope your okay Emily, always know you can write to me any time you can. I love and miss you so much.
Your favourite brother, Ethan Joe Lupin-Black.

Emily laughed for a few moments and took in the familiar writing of her brother, imagining in her mind that he was standing in front of her speaking these words to her.

She quickly unwrapped the other letter.

To Emily,
Hi honey, I hope your okay. I know it's tough times and it's killing me that J can't be there with you and support you, but I know you'll be safe with your friends. I send my best to Harry and I hope Hermione and Ron are alright. Now, remember to keep focused and don't let any drama distract you. Also remember to have fun and make memories! Pops said that he hopes your okay and he loves you! I love you so much and miss you so much,
love: Eric Owen Lupin-Black.