Shane marches off, giving the back of his head a rub as he goes.

"Why didn't you stop him? Get him under control?" Rick says beside me.

I turn to him with a frown. "He's not mine to control, Rick."

"You did it this morning." he argues, referring to the scuffle between Shane and Daryl.

"I didn't control him, I helped prevent him and Daryl from hurting each other. He was mad about the barn and he took it out on Daryl." I try to explain. "But this.. He wasn't hurting anyone. He was protecting us. And if he hadn't done what he did.. we'd still be out looking for Sophia. You may think what Shane did isn't right.. but it isn't wrong, either."

"Well, let's hope Hershel sees it that way." Rick says, with attitude.

"You and I both know, we all know, that they can't be cured. No matter what Hershel wants to believe. There's nothing left to cure. We know that better than anyone, thanks to Dr. Jenner." I remind him.

"You say Shane wanted to make this place safe for us, but he's just ensured our exile." Rick says.

"You don't know that. Let the Greene's grieve. We can broach this again in the morning. Right now, I need to make sure Shane's okay."

"You agree with what he did?"

"I back his decision on clearing the walkers in the barn, even if he was brash about it." I reply. "..Something set him off, I just-"

"You." Rick cuts me off.

I blink at him in confusion. "What?"

"He was too brash. And it's because of you."

"..He's trying to keep us safe."

"Keep you safe." Rick insists.

My brows furrow at his words.

"Look, I've known Shane a long time. He's a protective person. It's what makes him a good cop. It's also why my family is alive today and why this group has made it this far. I'll admit that." Rick explains. "He speaks highly of you and he speaks of you often. Now, walkers being in that barn meant this place was no longer safe. You were no longer safe."

"We were no longer safe, Rick. He cares about all of us."

"At the CDC, when we were going to be blown up.. You were upset, you were unsafe. So he stuck a gun in Jenner's face and shot up the place."

"We were all upset and unsafe.."

"And what about Ed?" Rick looks down at me with a raised eyebrow.

I narrow my eyes at him and then walk away.

"Mia-"

"You made your point, okay?!" I turn back to him and shrug. "All that shit is my fault."

I turn and keep walking.

"Mia.."

I ignore Rick and head back towards the barn, blinking away the threat of angry tears.

I can't believe Rick's words..

I don't want to.

Am I really bringing out the worst in Shane?

Am I doing him more harm than good?

Am I doing the group more harm than good?

~

"Let's dig a grave for Sophia. And Annette and Shaun. We'll have a service." Andrea says. "And we'll need a truck to move the rest of the bodies."