Chapter 17

The End by Klergy

My mind and body slowly wake, but my eyes remain closed.

Lying on my stomach, I slowly move my leg until my sock covered foot gently bumps into something.

Someone else's leg.

Oh, that's right.

I'm sharing a bed with Shane.

I slowly open my eyes.

Oh..

At some point, I had moved down the mattress, neglecting the pillow. This has put my face level with Shane's chest, which lays bare before me, his skin looking so so soft..

And smooth.

And lick-able.

I'm almost salivating.

My eyes quickly dart to his face to make sure he's still asleep and not watching me ogle him. I'm relieved to see his eyes are closed.

So I let my gaze falls back to his chest.

Okay, I need to move before I actually start drooling.

I prop myself up on my elbow and look at his face. He looks so peaceful in sleep.

I find myself longing to reach out and touch him. Stroke his face, run my fingers through his hair..

Okay, creeper.

I drag my eyes away and lay on my back, head on the pillow this time as I stare up at the ceiling.

I feel well rested and calm.

This has been the first night I haven't had a nightmare.. That's new.

My eyes drift around the little room before returning to Shane.

I wish I could just stay here. I don't want to leave.

This building.

This room.

This bed..

Okay, that is my cue to leave.

I don't want to get stuck longing for unrealistic things.

At the very least, I'll see how today goes.

See what we can find out about this virus and if we possibly have permanent accommodation.

Maybe then, I can explore this current sense of rapture I'm fighting to suppress.

I get up and pick my robe up off the floor.

I had tossed it throughout the night because Shane's body heat had been more than warm enough.

I pull the robe back on and leave a glass of water on the bedside table for Shane.

I wish there was more I could leave for him.

I think he's been more tipsy than drunk, but I still wonder if he'll remember I was here.

I dare not ponder long enough to figure out whether it matters or not if he does.

I open the door quietly and slip out into the hallway, closing the door just as quietly.

I cross over to my room and go in and get changed.

I put on my blue denim jeans and a forest green tee, before pulling on my brown Docs. Then I tie my hair in a half-up bun.