Chapter 24

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

It's late afternoon and everyone's settling in around camp.

And quite the peaceful afternoon it's been, since our return from the highway.

"Walker!" Andrea calls from the top of the RV.

Well, until now.

Everyone jumps to attention.

"Just the one?" Rick asks.

"Yeah. I bet I can nail him from here." Andrea says, grabbing Dale's rifle and stepping to the end of the RV.

"No! Andrea, put the gun down." Rick commands.

I look out across the field and spot a sole figure in the distance, coming from the tree line.

"You best let us handle this." Shane tells her.

I look over at him as he grabs a pick axe. Glenn's nearby, picking up his machete.

"Shane, hold up. Hershel wants to deal with walkers." Rick says.

"What for man? We got it covered." Shane replies as he steps out from under the trees into the sun.

I almost forget there's a walker heading for us.

His blue button down shirt is undone and wide open, his toned body bare for everyone to see

His blue button down shirt is undone and wide open, his toned body bare for everyone to see. His pants sit dangerously low on his hips, revealing that sinful V.

Holy sex on legs..

If my mouth was open, I'd be drooling for sure.

I snap my eyes away from Shane and head up the ladder on the RV.

Rick runs after Shane and Glenn and the three of them head out across the field.

I grab the binoculars from Andrea as she lies on her stomach and takes aim with the rifle, looking through the scope.

"Andrea, don't!" Dale warns from below.

"Back off, Dale." she dismisses.

Dale starts to climb the ladder.

I look through the binoculars and see Shane and the guys slowing their approach as they close in on the walker.

"Don't, Andrea." I warn, adjusting my view so I can see the walker. "You could hit one of the guys."

"I got this." she says as she cocks the rifle.

I shield the binoculars from the sun to get a clearer visual.

I gasp, dropping the binoculars and leap forward.

"No!" I yell, pushing the barrel of the rifle down as she fires.

I jump back from the recoil, ears ringing as the bullet shoots down into the dirt of the field in front of us.

Andrea looks at me angrily, unhappy I ruined her shot.