Chapter 26- Calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

" One day, I'll buy one of this your Rolls-Royce. In shaa Allah." She affirmed, taking a quick glance at the interior of the car. That was the first time she had seen him using it so it must be new.

" God has willed it already. You can have my own." He was quick to give in to her wishes without any qualms.

Saratu gave his face a once-over and snickered. The way this man cherishes his cars, will he give it to her for free? He is only joking.

' My pride.'
That's how much he loved his cars.

" If you dash me this one, what will you take pride in again?" She rolled her eyes at him.

" Us."

Did she hear him right? She and him? What are they?
She knew very well what he meant so she decided to prod on it.

" You." She shot him a questioning look. " You like me, don't you?"

He only smiled. Of course, he liked her, otherwise why would he be doing all of this?

" Sara, listen." He started. " I'm tired of pretending that we are only business partners. We are more than that. I don't only like you, I want to marry you too. You don't know long long I've been holding this in. I'm down for a forever termed relationship as long as you are ready to cooperate."

The car came to an abrupt halt. Through the mirror, he could see Saratu's dumbfounded expressions. He didn't know why he stepped on the breaks but it was needed. He didn't want to hear her answer while he was concentrating on the road. Saratu's reaction to his confession was quite disheartening.
Maybe he shouldn't have confessed after all.

That was when a realization dawned on him.

" Shit!" He cussed, shifting in his seat to face her.

That shattered her resolve. " What is it?" She asked.

" I shouldn't have proposed like this. A ring would have been better." He answered, he looked so nervous. " ...or more traditionally since we are that type, kola nuts and some other things would have done the trick. I'll learn more of it fr my dad. I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you."

Saratu laughed.
" Traditionally, you'll have to pay my parents a visit. About my reaction, I was only surprised at how quickly my prayers were answered."

God! This woman will be the death of him.
He almost had a heart attack.

*~*

There he was in all his glory, mounted on a black horse that strode towards her majestically. He had taken off the babbanriga he had worn to a programme that was held by Sultan Lawal, and was left with a two piece traditional suit and a perfectly tied turban. He was dressed in all white__ leaving only his eyes to be seen.

It would be her loss to take her eyes off the majestic figure that was approaching her. Sometimes, she found it intriguing to believe that she was married to the Ashraf Malik.

Horse riding was a sport he had great interest in. However, it was quite challenging to find time for it due to his tight work schedule so he tries to indulge in it anytime he has nothing much to do at the palace.

" You can't help but ogle, can you?" He teased her as soon as he halted his horse in front of her.

" Guilty as charged, milord." She rised her hands up in mock defeat.

Zayn snorted. " It's not your fault that I'm so good looking." He decided to play along. " I've even trimmed my hair." He took off his turban to reveal his hair that was neatly trimmed.