Pleased To Meet You

Chapter 3

Valor picked up the bottle the cap fell into his lap. He fumbled to catch it before it could hit the floor cracking. You don't need to try and catch the pieces to the bottle I told you the bottle is indestructible Master it cannot be broken. The genie went to the bottle she picked it up smashing it to the floor. The bottle set up right on its own on the floor all the sand that left the bottle with her world in a tiny tornado swooping into the decorated bottle the cap is a period at the end of a sentence. The bottle cap itself Valor said staring at her yes master it's an automatic nothing can be separated from the bottle not the dust nor the sand or the cat the cap will always find the bottle and the bottle will always bind the cab and every content that dwells within it. Valor stand at her contents that includes you? Yes master that includes me the bottle is my home and has been my home for two and a half centuries. You are 250 years old? Yes master I Am 250 years old the genie looked into the sky searching for her answer making sure it was correct yes she said again with her voice low.

That does not make sense you're only 250 years old when the Egyptians lived in the 16th century you would be way older than that. Anubis creates Us in his own time some of us are younger than I some of us are new genies it is up to the god of the underworld when he will put out the bottles we have no say over his creations. This sign what is it? He looked at the sign that is called Din...d-i-n the words you used can also be used to describe a din.

What is this? That is the protector of the Dead Master it is also our protector as Genies. When we step outside one will arrive it is anubis's way of watching us from his heaven beyond the nine Gates of walking after one dies. It is a direct link but between one of us and Anubis he is our protector if anything goes wrong we say a certain incantation and he shall appear as long as there is no foul play he will not interject but when there is he will see fit to handle the situation the way he feels. Thankfully I have never had to call on great Anubis all these years. Every master I've had prior to you have always been good to me. I've heard some stories of wicked Masters when Jinn are allowed to converse and get together in anubis' heaven but that is a rare occasion as we have been placed on this earth to serve man.

Is it true what the books say Cassie? I get three wishes and I can't ask for more wishes is that true? Valor chuckled to himself still not believing his eyes. Partially true it is not three wishes it is six wishes and no, you cannot ask for more wishes. What happens after the 6th wish? Well, I go back into the bottle either Anubis claims the bottle and I arrive in his heaven or he allows me in the hands of another Master it is his choice. So I can't pass you to a friend? No, you cannot it is simply by Fate Master the bottle must fall into a person's lap not by gifting if that makes sense.

Please stop calling me master that is a very bad thing for black people in America my name is Valor and what is your name? The genie stared at Valor shocked he refused to be called Master. It was a first for her men always wanted her to remain subservient my name is Cassimir but people call me Cassie Valor. Then that is what we shall call one another I am Valor and you are Cassie yes? She smiled for the first time in decades someone finally treated her like an equal....a human. Yes that's fine Valor.

Very good Valor welcomed her with a warm smile do I have to make the wishes back to back? No you can take as long as you wish there is no time frame. Valor smiled that means I can keep you around as long as I want? Cassie Chuckles yes you can but somehow it never winds up that way the six wishes come and just like that I'm Gone with the Wind. Valor kissed her hand let's see if we can make it last a little longer he smiled.

That means you cannot make wishes back to back you would have to live like a normal man as though I am a regular person with no special talents that is very hard to do knowing you have a Genie in your midst. I think I can manage I've managed this long I'm not saying I won't ask for anything but I'll be very careful when I do it's been a long time since I've had companionship well not saying that we're companions you know what I mean. Cassie laughed at his awkwardness when it came to romance to be honest he was the first man that actually flirted with her when she came out the bottle.

It seems as though as soon as the man found out what she was and what she could do immediately her looks no longer mattered. For once she wondered what it would be like to be loved or held or kissed love was not off limits to genius in fact a new best encouraged it but he also advised it would be very hard how can a man Overlook what you do instead of looking at you?

When he first proposed the question to her as a young Genie she did not fully understand but Anubis being a God in his wisdom knew all. It was something in time she'd find out and boy when she did she went in her bottle and cried for weeks after the man she thought loved her sealedp their fate with his sixth and final wish.

Cassie wiped her eyes thinking of the hurt she suffered behind it maybe Valor would be different, maybe he was just as lonely as she was it appeared there was no female presence in his life she looked around there was no wedding band sitting on the dresser and no ring mark on his hand. Are you married Valor? Do you have a person you are betrothed to? Who, me? Oh no nothing like that I've been married to my work I haven't had any time to date or find anyone to settle down with. I wish I had there have been many times I want it a meat but could never find the right one.

I am a professor at my University and I am trying to get tenure there but I am new and Young there is no way they will grant me such a appointment that is bestowed upon professors who have 10 years or more minimum at the University. Cassie thought to herself maybe this could be his first wish. Do you want to wish this tenure thing you're speaking of valor? He smiles at her no that is something I want to earn on my own I want to know that I got it because I worked for it and I didn't take any shortcuts there is something called pride in what you do and I would not be able to hold my head up knowing that I cheated my way into the position.

Can I see smiled you are a man of morals and honor Valor your name speaks for itself. I guess you can say that it made me take the longer Road in life but I'm here now so there is no reason to cheat my way in for the rest of the ride if that makes sense.

Cassie giggled at the crinkle in his nose when something he thought of made him go deep in thought. She picked up her scanty clothes placing them back on where are you going with those on it is cold outside? We are Genies we don't feel the weather hot warm cold it doesn't affect us I could wear a fur coat and a dead of Summer and not break out into a sweat. That must be nice Valor said to her smiling I think I saw a woman's clothing store up the road we can stop there and get you a few pieces if you'd like Cassie. Thank you I think I need them Valor.

Cassie could often tell the heart of a man by looking in his eyes Valor began to get himself together shower so they could leave the day was bright and sunny although it was cold he looked at her excuse me I'm going to shower now she awkwardly stepped to the side giving him the right away. Their eyes locked she looked deep into them almost behind them getting a glimpse of his soul. Inside she saw his childhood all the way until his adult life in quick flashes she saw he was raised by good people and although raise poor his parents instilled in him morals, values, and love for mankind including compassion and kindness.

Cassie grinned knowing she was in the presence of a good human.