silent regret

Word count (2585)

As Conrad slowly wakes up to the sound of his alarm, he rubs his eyes and looks around his room, still feeling a bit disoriented from his deep sleep

As Conrad slowly wakes up to the sound of his alarm, he rubs his eyes and looks around his room, still feeling a bit disoriented from his deep sleep. The scattered training equipment and his duffel bag serve as a reminder of his intense training routine. Just as he begins to collect his thoughts, his phone starts buzzing and lighting up, indicating an incoming call from Eddie. Conrad picks up the phone and stares at the screen, momentarily hesitating whether to answer or not. Ultimately, he decides to leave it unanswered, setting his phone aside.

Conrad sighs in annoyance as his phone continues to ring insistently. Reluctantly, he picks it up and answers, his voice laced with irritation. "What now, Eddie?" he snaps, his frustration evident in his tone.

"man, do you remember that guy you beat in a boxing match a while back? The one who thought he was invincible?" Eddie asks eagerly, waiting for Conrad's response.

"I remember him. What about him?" Conrad asks, his tone filled with confusion and annoyance.

Well, apparently that dude went crazy or something. He's the one who burned down a flower shop last night," Eddie explains, his voice tinged with disbelief. "It's all over the news,

Conrad's silence stretches for a moment as he absorbs Eddie's words

"The guy even mentioned your name" eddie voices out while sounding nervous

"What do you mean he mentioned my name?"

Eddie sighs on the other end of the line, his tone serious. "He was ranting about how you ruined his life, man. I don't know what he meant exactly, but don't worry, I'm taking care of it. I'll find out more and make sure nothing comes back to you."

Conrad remains silent

. "Look, Conrad, I gotta go for now, but I'll call you later, okay? We'll figure this out together."

Conrad  clenches his phone in his hand.

Conrad's hands tremble with a mix of anger and guilt as he processes the weight of the revelation. The realization that his actions in the boxing ring may have indirectly caused harm to Andromeda hits him like a punch to the gut. He clenches his fists tighter, his jaw tense with frustration.

Conrad's mind swirls with a whirlwind of emotions. The thought of Andromeda being in harm's way because of him ignites a fiery anger within him. How could he have been so blind, so consumed by his own struggles that he didn't consider the potential repercussions for those around him?

A surge of protectiveness floods Conrad's veins. He feels an overwhelming urge to shield Andromeda from any harm, to make things right and ensure her safety. The realization that his actions, however unintentional, have put her at risk fuels a newfound determination within him.

Conrad is acutely aware of the conflict within himself. These emotions that surge through him, the anger and protectiveness he feels for Andromeda, go against his usual demeanor of detachment and self-discipline. He prided himself on being strong, both physically and emotionally, always abiding by his own set of rules.