Growing pains (5)

It was a hot and sunny day in the beach as lani was standing in one of the store, working the rent out stuff room and store area. She had yet to tell her family she got a job as she knew it would lead to many questions and problems.

???? " excuse me young lady can I rent out some equipment please"

Lani " sure i will be with you in a moment sir... okay how a can I help you ... uncle tommy "

Tommy " hey there kiddo how is everything going" lani had went to hug her uncle after getting out of the shop.

Tommy " wow Tsu'tey and slywainne were right you have changed"

Lani " thank uncle tommy"

Tommy " I heard some w couple of my old buddies some girl with the last name sully, was working her and came to see if that was true"

Lani " yeah I have been working her for a couple months now"

Tommy " wow out of all your sibling i thought neteyam will be the first one to get a job"

Lani " well things change"

Tommy " hey I found her she over here" lani soon looked up to see you aunt slywannie and uncle Tsu'tey.

Slywannie " hey sweetie"

Lani " hey auntie what are you all doing here"

Tsutey " we didn't see you at the party"

Lani " what party"

Slywaine " that explains everything now"

Lani "oh yes that annual party for all the leaders and their clans"

Tsu'tey " I'm guessing no one told you about the party"

Lani " nope still not well liked by anyone"

???? " that a lie"

Lani " Rizzo"

Rizzo " I got the beach chair back I was saying that a lie ... you lani my dear have become miss popular at school"

Lani " what"

Payakan " he not lying in the locker room a bunch of guys were talking about you, as you seem to change over night you might have some guys crushing on you"

Lani " here I thought everyone saw me a the snd girl"

Lani " oh guys these are my uncles Tommy and tsutey and my aunt slywaine ... family these are my new friends"

Slywainn " it so nice to meet you boys"

Payakan " nice to meet you as well ma'am"

Tommy " so all work here"

Rizzo " yes and we go to school together as well lani she been switched to the same classes as us"

Tsu'tey " oh so you all knows about what happened right"

Rizzo " yes we do sir snd lani was protecting herself against the bullies"

Tommy " well I'm happy to see you found new and better friends, we will see you later honey i have to go meet with you dad"

Lani " yes sure see you later" lani family soon left but they did looked back to her, and saw all her friends coming over and her laughing with them.

Later that day

Lani " I love it when the places closes early that means we can go for a late night swim"

Payakan " hey lani there is something else we been meaning to tell you"

Lani " oh tell me what the matter"

Taza " it about your ex  we have overheard him speaking about you like he in love with you again, he keeps on going on and on about in the classes or the Locker-room"

Lani " why is he acting like that we have been over for months now he the one who dumped me"

Lavo " we don't know but I have heard him speaking with his brothers and your brother about you... if I were you I would be careful just in case he shows up"

Lani " oh great when I thought I had enough problems more come for me .... I will deal with him on my own"

Payakan " sure but if anything happens call us and we will come running"

Lani " thank guys now come on let's get one more wave in before we have to get home" the gang soon followed after lani as she took off on her board.

Lani " thanks for the ride home payakan"

Payakan "anytime I didn't want you walking home in the dark"

Lani " you are such a sweetheart and Greta boyfriend material as well"

??? " lani"

Lani " oh he some my dad keep my surfboard for me I will get it later"

Jake " there you are I was about to coming looking for you"

Lani " I was our sir but I'm home now" lani soon walked into the home followed by Jake.

Jake " where have you even all day"

Lani " i had to do some stuff that all nothing bad I was being a good child"

Neytiri " who car did you get out of"

Lani " my friend car he didn't want me walking home at night"

Neytiri " you were missed at the party today"

Lani " oh"

Jake "when you get a better attitude you will be allowed to come back and join the family"

Lani " yes sir "

Jake " it very shameful when everyone knows you child is trouble"

Lani " I'm sorry dad i mean sir ... can I go to bed I'm tried "

Jake " you dismissed now leave" you soon left the living room saying not thing else when you saw neteyam.

Neteyam " hey sis"

Lani " hey bro how can I help you now"

Neteyam " what do you think about tsyerio"

Lani " he my ex that all I have to say"

Neteyam " he was a good boyfriend right "

Lani " can we fight about this later I'm tied"

Neteyam " sure"

Lani " hey neteyam you wouldn't lie or hide anything from me right"

Neteyam " no I will always me loyal to you" lani didn't say anything else as she returned to her bedroom closing the door behind her. She could tell her brother was hiding something from her but she will deal with them later on, she didn't have time today.