"you got anything that blows up and is throwable?" I ask shooting at random things now

"let me check with the guys" he says before running back to where the other two are still using our car as cover

It doesn't take long before Massimo is running back to me and Leonardo is running to their abandoned car, with a little pep in his step.

"Leonardo says he might have something in the boot of our car but says we will need to be farther back" Massimo looks a little concerned knowing that Leonardo isn't always the go-to guy for things that would be considered safe grenades in our family

Before I can say anything Leonardo is whistling, getting our attention. When we all look over to him he is holding a box full of different things, with a smile on his face. By this time we had been shooting at each other for a little bit over half an hour, which isn't good. By now the street is deserted not a soul dumb enough to go near here. I just hope that our guys are already at our house and helping the kids

"on the count of 3 we are getting out of the car and running while Leonardo and Francesco throw the bloody grenades at them got it" Alessandro says to Lorenzo, Massimo and myself

We all nod gripping our guns a little tighter, we wait until Massimo goes behind the car again to start counting, and when Alessandro finally starts counting it's like everything goes in slow motion again. All of us just hoping we don't die as we bust our doors open and run to get behind the car and Father as we can hear Leonardo yelling "And you get one, don't worry I didn't forget about you, you get one too" as he is pulling the clasp off and throwing them and watching as they explode.

Once they have thrown the last of the grenades we all just stop and wait without guns up and aimed at the explosion sight to see if anyone else survived. When the smoke finally clears all we can see is blood, car parts and some flesh, no one surviving the attack. We don't have time to feel relief knowing that we have no idea what is happening with the kids, so we all run back to our cars and start the cars.

Or at least try to, our car won't start. Probably too damaged from the gunfire it took. After huffing out a breath we all get back out of the car and start walking toward Massimo's car behind us, all still with our guns in our hands just in case.

"We are going to have to take us, our won't start" Alessandro explains looking down at Massimo

Luckily they brought a bigger car so it can actually seat all of us. As soon as we are all in the car and the doors are shut, Massimo is reversing, seeing as we can't get through going forward. When he finally gets onto a road that isn't blocked with dead people and car parts.

It takes a little longer than usual because we had to use back rode but when we finally go into our road, we can't hear a single thing. No movement, no gunshots, nothing. A sinking feeling takes over.

If there are no gunshots being heard that either means that the kids have either killed everyone or they have captured them or it was the other way around and they have killed or captured the kids.

True to Alessandro's words when we get to our driveway the gate is blown off with our guards at the front all dead, we stop the car where the gate is supposed to be, not being able to drive further because of the dead bodies. As we walk all we can hear are our feet crunching on the gravel.

There aren't any more bodies until we get to the front of our house, where there is almost a pile of them, both our guys and whoever ordered them to come here. The front door is wide open so are we walk in there are maybe 20 bodies lying in Infront of the stairs and in the foyer. But this time all of the dead bodies are not ours.

Alessandro leans down and moves a piece of clothing covering one of the dead guy's neck looking for a tattoo to see which mafia he belongs to, as soon as he moves the clothing we can see clearly which mafia these guys belong to. The Swedish mafia.

As soon as Alessandro stands back up fully he pulls out his phone, seemingly to call someone but stops when he looks at the screen.

"Violet texted me almost an hour ago saying that they made their way into the house and all our men are dead or injured" he says through gritted teeth

Instead of letting anyone respond he just unlocks his phone and calls Violet, probably trying to make it easier for us to find where they are. When we first start hearing it we can't pinpoint where it is coming from before I take a step toward the door, only then does the ringing get a tiny bit louder.

Running outside I follow the sound, not caring about telling them knowing they will automatically follow me. We go all the way to the side of the house where we see all the kids sprawled along the grass, unconscious. It isn't until we get right next to them that I notice Violet isn't there. my worry amplifies when I see that Matias is bleeding.

I go to the first person that was close, shaking them trying to get them to wake up, which just happens to be Xavier. After shaking him vigorously he finally starts coming to, looking very confused until he looks around.

"what happened, where's Violet" I ask as soon as he looks me in the eyes

My last question seems to confuse him before looking at everyone on the ground, getting shaken awake by everyone else.

"she... she was here with us when ..... these guys just came out of nowhere, we were fighting them off but there were too many of them, they must have knocked us out" he replies still a little confused

"why aren't you inside" I ask after knowing it was stupid for them to come out here in the open

"there were too many guys shooting at us upstairs so Violet make the rope from sheets and we went out the window in the library, we were going to die if we stayed in there" Xavier says becoming more aware of everything

Before I can say anything else everyone else is finally awake and looking around all noticing that Violet isn't there, breaking the silence is Matias still a little confused like the rest of them

"where is violet" he asks looking straight at Alessandro

"We don't know" Alessandro grits through his teeth

Hearing that the kids look around eventually all landing on the pile of her things, a gun, her phone and a dagger we gave her for her birthdays last year

"They took her" Xander almost mumbles, speaking for the first time 

. ☾ . 

I really hope you guys liked this, I had a really great time writing it and it was nice to be writing from someone else's pov 

I hope you guys have a really good day/night