anything for her.

meliodas pov

"mhm, that one will do great thanks" I assured the shop keeper, smiling widely at the wide array of fabric types.

"alright, i'll go grab you a bag" he responded in a deep tone after I paid, walking back into another room for a moment.

once everything was bagged up I slung it over my shoulder to carry it, waving at the shop keeper as I walked out. today was a good day so far, I was almost completely done with the preparations, granted I was extremely late because I underestimated how long this trip would take but soon i'd be able to go back.

all that was left was handing out the invitations, I had already handed one to everyone in Vanya for all the help they gave in preparing it. I even had plans to surprise Elizabeth by inviting people I knew she wanted to be there, the look in her eyes when we were talking about who to invite made it clear.

she wanted her family, she wanted some of the holy knights she befriended, so even if it meant beating the shit out of someone she was gonna get what she wanted.

————————————————

Elizabeth pov

Tristan looked so cute like this, sleeping in his crip wrapped up in his favorite yellow blanket. I had just finished feeding him when he yawned, grabbing my cheeks with his small hands as I carried him to his crib to sleep. I couldn't wait for meliodas to get back, he was going to love how cute Tristan has been acting.

meliodas? how is everything over there? I asked through the mating bond, sitting in the rocking chair next to the crib to watch tris sleep as I waited for my reply.

it's alright, i'm almost done with everything..... I should be able to come back this Friday his response came softly through the mating bond, making me smile as I rested my hand over Tristan's blanket.

really? I can't wait, I miss you so much and so does Tristan I sighed into the mating bond, enjoying the feeling of warmth he sent me through the bond.

I miss you guys too, how are the both of you? he asked sweetly, a slight tiredness coming through the bond and showing me he needed rest.

we're good, we'll be better when we have you back with us though... Tristan keeps looking around the room and often stares at the side of the bed you usually sleep in, he misses you and I can't wait to see how happy he looks when you get back..... I love you I spoke through the bond, feeling my cheeks heat up at the thought of how excited I was to get to hold my love again.

i love you too, and i can't wait to hold both of you in my arms again his soft reply came through the bond making me feel lightheaded and happy, knowing it wasn't long now until he was back.

meliodas, you really are the best thing that's ever happened to me.... now get some rest okay? i can tell you're tired i offered sincerely through the bond, smiling when Tristan rolled in his sleep.

how did i get so lucky as to catch you? my sweet love..... good night, sweet dreams he assured sweetly, the mating bond giving a warm thrum that made me feel drowsy.

————————————————

meliodas pov

i had absolutely no intention of going to sleep yet, the task of getting to Lioness still right in front of me which meant i had to get over there tonight. after alerting the chief of my plans i set off, summoning my demon wings and taking flight.

the wind felt cold against my skin as i soared high above the clouds to avoid being spotted yet, breathing the fresh air in deeply. i knew it was going to be a rather difficult to talk bartra out of hating me, after all he charged me with treason for getting his youngest daughter pregnant and stabbed his second to eldest daughter before fleeing.