missing her more every day.

Meliodas pov

my body was aching with pain, having had to deal with an ambush of 5 idiots thinking I would go down easily. I could vaguely feel warmth dripping down my arm, legs, back and chest, being careful as I pulled the knife out of my back.

it had been about four or five days since I left, having been hard at work every day in hopes of getting this done quickly so I could return to Elizabeth. we used the mating bond to talk to each other as often as we could without actually interrupting the other's day, making me miss her more every day with how she described her different moments of each day, always seeming over the moon to tell me how Tristan was doing.

I was in the forest of white dreams in search of some flower seedlings, knowing they would be perfect for Elizabeth with the vibrant colors they could grow in. a yawn left me as I pulled up more of the wickerlandser moss for the seeds that were underneath, being careful to keep each seed type in its own bag.

once I had everything I needed from underneath the moss I put it in a separate bag, making sure the bag itself was damp as packed it up and got ready to go. a part of me knew I needed to treat my wounds, slinging the bag filled to the brim of other smaller bags of seeds and moss over my shoulder as I began going back down the path towards vanya village.

alright, got more flower seeds and the moss to color the drapes. I thought as I jogged down the path, mentally noting that I still had a way to go for wedding preparations but had made it along way too.

I had already talked to the chief of vanya village about having the wedding and the wedding celebration there, having been caught off guard when he seemed overjoyed at the idea of having as he put it the 'vanya village hero's wedding' in the village. everyone in the village was eager to help the preparations, even going as far to help gather supplies for it.

Mead also seemed eager to chip in, in his own way. he followed me almost everywhere, constantly asking questions and occasionally helping carry stuff.

----------------

Elizabeth pov

"yeah, he's 100% gonna look exactly like the cap'n.. with any luck though he'll take your height" ban chuckled as he held Tristan in his lap, staring down at him with a grin.

"I actually think he looks a lot like the princess" sir king disagreed, floating on his pillow as he looked at Tristan too.

"yeah, I mean he does have her hair color... but he's got captain's hairstyle.... even the weird sticky-upy part" ban halfway agreed, ruffling his hair with his hand.

we were sitting here in the medical room waiting for Tristan's first checkup, Ban and sir king having had volunteered to go with me. it made me happy that the sins were helping take care of me and Tristan even though I had said it wasn't necessary, all of them seeming eager to help out in any way they could.

"hey, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long" the nurse apologized softly, walking in with a smile.

"no, no, not at all" I assured her sincerely, smiling when Ban handed me Tristan before stepping back to lean against the wall.

"mhm. okay, let's take a look at the little guy now huh?" she cooed quietly to Tristan as she gently grabbed him, cradling him before placing him on the little table with a white cloth underneath him.

----------------

Zeldris pov

we laid there panting, Gelda on my chest as she gave butterfly kisses to my neck. her chest bare against mine as we both came down from our highs, the heat in my cheeks going ignored in favor of kissing the top of her head.