Chapter Sixteen (The End)

It was not easy living far away from her, on many occasions, he found himself struggling with the need to call her. Countless times, he would run many miles away from his home, kept himself extra busy in office just to get her off his mind. He missed her, needed her, wanted her. He craved for her attention, longed for her presence, ached for her smile. His walls were gradually collapsing and there was nothing he could do about it. "Just a call"  He murmured to himself. He held his phone tightly, exhaled, then dialed her number.  "Line busy" was written beneath her number. He tried again after some hours but... her line was still busy. He stood up pacing back and forth.  Just then his phone rang. Rushing towards the call, with shaky hands, only to see her name written boldly on his screen  "SECRETARY".  He angrily screamed   "What?" across the phone. "Sorry to call you  this late sir just wanted to to tell you that you have an urgent meeting tomorrow by 9AM"  She answered innocently.  "Cancel the meeting, I won't be available"  He said uninterested.  "But sir......"      "I SAID CANCEL THE MEETING!"  He roared cutting her short, throwing the phone across his bed. "Arrgh" He sighed as he lay back on his phone, frustrated.
"Lord please help your servant"   He prayed ready to dial her number and then out of the blues, she called. He stared at the number contemplating whether to pick or not. He had so many emotions running through his head, he didn't know what exactly to tell her if she were to ask why he called. He kept staring at his phone until the ringing died down, Only for a message to pop up on his screen. "Pick up the call Muhsin, I know you are close to your phone".  It read, and then, she called again.  "Hi"  He said rather calmly placing his phone on his ear.  "Hi" She replied, and Lord!!!, he missed that voice. So calm yet soothing and enticing.   "Sorry, I missed your call, I was on the phone with my mum"  came the alluring voice once again tugging at his heart, making his eyes sting with tears. "Muhsin, are you there?"  She asked when he went silent
"I miss you"  was all he could utter as his heart beat rapidly against his chest threatening to explode, it was almost painful.   "I just called to tell you that. I miss you" He added hanging up as tears rushed their way down his cheeks enjoying the freedom.  And guess what he did next.  He deleted her NUMBER!". Yh, cos to him, that was the only way to erase her from his heart, from his life. Now he was ready to live a life without   "Aidah Idris Ayyan", He said wiping any his unstoppable tears.

(Two years After)
Aidah glanced at the mirror once again making sure her lips were glossy with lipsticks. She jerked as huge hands  snaked around her waist.  "Nur, stop, we need to leave. Everyone is at the get-together already" She whined as he buried his head in her neck inhaling.  "Stop behaving like a vampire"   She chuckled pushing his hands away "I can be one for you"  He said winking.
"So... How about I mark you now"  He whispered. "You know vampires mark their mates by bitting on the neck"  He added  as he grazed his teeth on her skin imitating how vampires mark their mates only to be pushed hard on the stomach.  "Ouch, what is it mate"  He pouted like a baby denied of his milk.   "We are late for heavens sake Nur... Stop playing around"   "OK fine let's go my princess"   He said gesturing his hands towards the door.

Everyone was present at the Get_together except Muhsin. He declined the invitation saying he had many things to do. They ate, danced, and played around like children. Everyone was happy. Aidah got to eat at the the same table with both of her families. Her biological parents and the ones who gave her the zeal to live, the ones who cared and cherished her like she was truly theirs. She couldn't wish for more. And Yh her Nur (Najib). The one who stood by her the whole time even when she though he was far away. Khaleesat her sis stood by the other side alone sipping a glass of wine. She turned and their eyes met.   "Care for a picture?" Khaleesat asked smiling broadly. "Sure" came the reply.

When the party was over, they drove back home with her husband( Najib) who kept blabbering about how beautiful she looked and how she could win a beauty contest. She smiled, blushed and laughed. Najib, her friend, partner, soul mate, and Husband. Indeed he was her everything and more.

So........

That's it

The End of my story

Hope you all enjoyed it