Chapter Eleven

"You're just a mere child we adopted". Those words pierced her heart so much it made her retrace her steps unconsciously. "If you can't handle what I just said, then forget it. Forget about your current life and leave the country. You can start a new life somewhere free from all these troubles.I will help you". "No, I won't leave. I refuse to be a coward". "Okay".
             Years ago. Your said to be  grandfather, my father worked in a company. The company was said to be the best in those times. Your grandfather was nothing but a cleaner , however, he was lucky enough to get on the good side of the CEO's daughter. And out of the blue, she confessed his love to him but he rejected because he  was already betrothed to my mother. Her name was Farzana. She did all she could to persuade your grandfather into accepting her but failed. My father lived in a hut far away from the city.Everyday, he would wake up by 4:am and arrive at the company by 6:am. One day, the CEO visited and knelt before him pleading on behalf of his daughter because she was the only child he possessed in the whole world but was once again rejected. I know you must be wondering why he was adamant on his decision but unlike now where  children go against their parents wishes, in the olden days,  you dare not unless you want to be cursed for the rest of your life. Farzana fell ill days later putting her dad in a state of dilemma. Once again, he visited my father and betted everything he had on the marriage including his company but that triggered nothing. She was later married off to one of the richest business man but died from cardiomypathy after giving birth to a son named Fawaz Imam. Since then her father swore that whoever tries to marry a member of that family from this family, should get ready for anything worse than death itself. And here you are suffering because you have fallen in love with his grandchild, Najib Imam!!!!!!!.  

     "I once warned you, didn't I?. I told you to stay away from Najib but you refused claiming that stupid thing you called love.  Just take a look at what's happening now.  Not just you but Najib is also suffering because he is trying to protect you. In case you want to know, Khaleesat Hydar is indeed behind everything that has been happening to you but under Imams (Najibs Father) control.  Do not blame her because she's only doing her duty to protect him as his betrothed.All the hatred you saw in Najibs eyes were faked. His father gave him two choices: To watch you die a horrible death or make you hate him until you decide to give up so There . That's the truth.  

        "Aidah" Ummu Aidah called out softly as she tapped her cheeks when she realized her daughter had zoned out but Aidah was oblivious of her actions. She was gone. Far gone into her world of thoughts. A world she fought so hard not to hate her family, to understand why they had to hurt her that much, to place the blame on no one but her destiny yet that voice kept telling her that she was cheated on,  betrayed,  and lied to. She deserved better than being fooled her whole life. Hesitantly, she moved closer to her said to be father and asked with quivering lips "Who are my biological parents?". If only she knew the weight, implications, and scar her question would leave behind. Uneasily, he hugged her and whispered "I'm sorry" only to be gently pushed away by her fragile hands.  "I need answers not apologies"  she said peering into his eyes as if the answer to her question was evident in it. "This might be the last draw for you. After knowing this, you may choose to hate us for the rest of your life. But I want you to know that everything we did was out of sincere love for you. We just couldn't afford loosing you. It would kill me to hand you over to your real parents even though I knew I was planning a lifetime regret.nBecause my dear....... You meant everything to me,  to us". He said with so much emotion capable of melting down mountain kilmanjaro but made no difference to Aidah. He made an attempt to hold her hand but got rebuked instantly. "Just spill it out. Stop beating around the bush because there's nothing you can say to calm me down right now?".  "don't,  please I'm begging for sake of the years we've spent together so far. im not ready to lose a daughter now. Maybe we can just tell her later when all of these subsides" UmmuAidah said close to tears attracting a smirk from Aidah. "It's too late to cry" She said void of emotions. "Nothing will subside,  not until I know the truth.Go on FATHER,  I'm all agog". With clenched fist he uttered " Kamaladeen Hydar". "What about him?" Aidah said hiding her curiosity.  "He............ is.... your....... FATHER".And the shell was broken leaving Aidah in a state of trilemma, mouth agape, heart tightened in pain. "Yes" He continued "You are the first child and daughter to Kamaladeen Hydar.  You are Khaleesat Hydars elder sister......"You knew about this all along right?" She said tears gushing out of her shiny blue eyes as she faced her brother who was not moved by the whole confession." Yeah" The 15year old boy said in a carefree way as if it was not a big deal. " Seriously sis,  it makes no difference to me.All l know is that you are my sister and you will be till the end of time. No devil can change that fact". He said with a stoic expression.