Chapter Seven

"This man is taking this too far. I need to stop him now before it's too late"Muhsin said to himself as he returned to the parlour only to meet Aidah on the floor lifeless. He called her name severally but he got no response. He examined her hand and realized her pulse was weak.With shaking hands,he carried her and rushed to the hospital. So many thoughts ran through his head as he glanced at her limb body on the hospital bed.All he wanted was to see her shiny blue eyes open.It was two hours since he brought her to the hospital and she was yet to make a move of even a finger.He could feel  his heart pounding heavily against his chest as if it would pull out. He had no idea why he felt that way. 
     He watched as a tear escaped through her eyes and her eyes fluttered."Aidah, you're awake. Thank goodness I've been worried sick about you"She didn't say a word, with closed eyes,  more tears streamed down her cheeks."Aidah please, say something"He urge."I want to go home"She said eyes still closed. "The doctor said you can't go home today.Aidah you're emotionally stressed out. Do you want to end your life?" "I wish, seriously I wish I could just disappear into thin air. I'm tired.I can't take this anymore".She said breaking down.Muhsin only moved closer and patted her shoulder. That was all he could do."I bought you lunch"He said when she calmed down. "I'm not hungry" "You need to eat something" "I said I'm not hungry. Just leave me alone"She said angrily."I promise you that if you don't eat this food, you will remain in this hospital until next week. Let's see how you can help your family when you're stuck here."Is it me or is that you blackmailing me?"She asked rather surprised though she knew that he was only doing it for her own good."Are you asking me? don't eat the food and see what will happen"He concluded with a frown on his face. Seeing how serious he was,She had no choice but to eat the food.
    Later in the evening, she tried all means to call her mum but she was not reachable.This added to her worries.she tried Muhsins number but the same thing happened. Removing the blanket off her body, she walked out of the hospital room.What bothered her most was the hospital bills.Not even a dime was left in her account. Calling the attention of a nurse, she asked were she could settle the bills and was given directions. "Good Evening MA"She greeted faking a smile."Yes, young lady what can I do for you?"The woman asked politely. "Well actually I was directed here to Pay the hospital bills" "Okay, your name please"  "Aidah Idris Ayyan" "This name sounds like something I heard just now. Wait a second". The woman went through her records and she was right."Ma'am, it's written here that someone has paid the bills" "What?. Oh it must be Muhsin" "I don't know ma,the handwriting is too tiny,i can't even identify the name".
The woman said peering through her glasses. "Please can I have a look" "Sure, here" "No, it can't be"Aidah said as she saw the name written in tiny handwriting. One could hardly understand what was writen. But she could see it clearly. "NAJIB IMAM" 

      She could feel her knees weakening.Her heart beating so fast threatening to explode.She couldn't understand Najib.One second, he ruined her life and then, the next, he helped her."What exactly is his aim and objective" She said to herself as she walked back to the hospital room."Hey were have you been?,I was here a while ago but you were out".Ignoring his question,she asked "Tell me sincerely  Muhsin,do you have any connections with Najib Imam?" Muhsin seemed startled for a while before he spoke stammering."of...course not...I....I don't know him.I only saw him once and that was when he saved you from the drunkard". "Why do I feel like you're lying to me?.And yes.The last time I asked you about how you knew my company,you ignored me.Then I asked you how you knew his name which you ignored as well.what exactly are you up to?.Answer me.don't just stand there looking at me.I need answers to my questions now.She said stamping her feet on the floor.

Muhsin  stood transfixed afraid to spill out the truth. That would only make things worst than they already are,  but she kept staring at him not giving him a second to look away.So he decided to break the Shell. "Yes, you're right. Najib Imam and I do have a connection but what we have is stronger than  that. The same blood runs through our veins. My name is Muhsin Imam not Muhsin Jamal. I'm his step  brother.You don't know me because I don't live here. I live abroad".He said all in one breath.  "So everything that happened since the first day I met you was all a plan?" "Yes, everything was planned. I was informed by Najib to go there because after what happened, he was scared you might do something bad to yourself and he was right. I arrived at the die moment just as you were about to take your own life. Afraid that you might repeat a thing like that again or even worse  he informed me that I must do whatever it takes to make you go home with me. You just did'nt notice but i was putting on an ear bud which enabled him to hear whatever i was saying to you.  Throughout our conversation, he was the one telling me what to say to you. So when you refused to follow me, he had to send his guards to seize your car.When you were attacked by the drunkard, he was there because I messaged him about it.I couldn't think of a way to stop you from leaving so I had to inform him.The day I drived you to your company,he was the reason.He said he needed to see your face even if it will be just for a second. So I came up with plan of you getting some files from your office.He was here throughout when you were unconscious". He concluded looking into her teary eyes, hoping she would understand. "What about the party,was it a fake too?" She asked glaring daggers at him. "I don't know that. All I know is that he did organized a party but I don't think it's part of the plan".  "Wow Muhsin, I'm impressed. I must say,you will make a good film producer, you deceived me so well and perfectly"She said bitterly making her way out."Where are you going?"  "Non of your business"She replied angrily closing the door behind her. "Najib is not behind the burning down of your house"He said as he walked behind her."And how in the world do you expect me to believe that?Afterall, im just like a ball to you. You play me around anyhow you wish. You disgust me". She said as she boarded a taxi.