Chapter Four

"Aidah are you okay?"Muhsin said confused about the whole situation. She was perfectly okay until he dimmed the lights."Move away from me"She said pushing him away with all her might. She seemed really frightened as if he was a ghost."Aidah it's just me okay,Muhsin.Im not going to hurt you. Take a deep breath.She did as he said and luckily she came back to her senses."I'm sorry.I didn't mean to push you away like that. I just couldn't control myself"She said tears gushing out of her shiny blue eyes making it sparkle."It's okay, I understand" "No,dont you dare say that again because you know nothing about me.I told you didn't I? I told you to stay away from me but you refused.This is one of the weaknesses that was used against me.And I'm sure you are going to do the same."Are you Achluophobic?" "Yes,and now that you know, I don't think I can stay here any longer.Im leaving".With that, she stood up and walked out of room making her way towards the exit of the mansion and he made no attempt to stop her.
         Walking down the silent street, she made no effort in stopping her uncontrollable tears. She knew it.She knew it from the start that coming to his house was a mistake.A terrible mistake. She had irrational fear of darkness since when she was a child and when her friends at school came to realize it, they constantly mocked her about it and atimes, they would intentionally dim the lights of the classroom just to see her reaction.She grew up with the pain that no one would want her  because of her ailment. She often deserted herself from people. The one person she thought would love her for who she was, broke her in such a way that it would take years to heal. And that was why she left muhsins house. She was not ready to be broken again.Though he sounded nice, she just couldn't take the risk of trusting anyone.
    "Fine girl, what are your doing out here this late?"A drunken voice said from behind her. She was too scared to turn and look at him so she increased her space only to feel him getting closer. She ran as fast as she could until she stumbled and fell giving her host a smile of victory."Why you dey run fine girl. I no go kidnap you Na. I just want to have fun. Cooperate and be free, deny and be tortured."Moving closer to her, he made an attempt to touch her but was shot by someone from behind.A sigh of relief excaped her lips but anger and disgust bubbled in her heart as she stared at her saviour.
   Guess who?😎😎.