Chapter Eight

Muhsin watched as Aidah boarded a taxi and left. Hurrying back into the garage, he decided to follow her with his car.All sorts of thoughts ran through his head as he drived speedily to catch up with the taxi driver.What he feared the must has come to reality but that was not the only thing messing with his head. He was having some feelings towards her, feelings he couldn't fathom.When she fell unconscious, it was as if the whole world was against him.He felt like he could trade anything just to see her eyes open.When he saw the look of betrayal in her eyes,He felt as if a path of him was missing. "Damn it guy, concentrate" He said to himself as he parked at Aidahs house. Knowing she had no money to pay for the taxi. He highlighted from his car and quickly paid for it. Aidah didn't utter a word, not even a "Thank you"The pain in her heart was too much to bear. She stood on the land that used to be her home.Everything was burned down except for the gate. "Where are my parents" She asked brusquely. "They're at my place" He replied with soft pleading eyes which she perfectly ignored. "With whose permission?" "NAJIB IMAM". "Wow. I can see he's the master and you are the servant. You do whatever he tells you to do and.......... " "And I also do what I feel is best for both of you". He said cutting her short. She nodded her head in denial before asking "Tell me exactly why you are doing all of this?I just don't get it. What's all these about. Stop keeping me in the dark please". "I'm sorry Aidah but I have given him my word never to reveal the truth until the time is right" "Really?You both are unbelievable.Since you have refused to tell me the truth, I will hear it from him myself" She said as she started walking towards the main road. "What?and what good will that do to you.Stop being so selfish. Najib is trying so hard to make things right, don't mess things up.And what do you expect? that he would just open up and tell you why he's doing all of this?. Can you just for once Aidah, even if it's just this once, put your emotions aside and do what is right. Stop making things difficult for him. Behave maturely for heavens sake" "What you just said won't stop me from going to his office"She said stubbornly. "Najib is not in his office" He said and she retraced her step. "Where is he?" "He went after the masked men that burned down your house. i have no idea where he is. I have been trying to reach him but it's not working.  So can you please just sit back and stay calm? stop making the situation more complicated than it is already". And finally he got to see what he longed for. The innocent shiny blue eyes.

        "I'm sorry. I know I lied to you, I betrayed your trust but I had to. That was the only way"Muhsin apologized. "It's okay really,actually,you are not the one at fault.You were right after all, I'm too vulnerable. I keep giving people so many  chances to temper with my feelings . I just never imagined you would do the same". She said tears escaping through her long lashes. With slow steps she walked towards the main road where  she boarded a taxi to Muhsins house."Sis, you are here"her brother mussadiq said as he engaged her in a tight hug. "Where is mum?" She asked faking a smile. "She's asleep" "And dad?" "He went out to get us something to eat. Im very hungry sis". "Food is here!!!!"Muhsin said from behind interrupting their conversation. "We don't need your food.my dad will be back soon. Keep it to yourself"Aidah said rudely. "Come on sis, he was only trying to help. Besides if not for him, we would be out in the streets by now. Thank you so much angel"Mussadiq concluded as he collected the food." "He sat on a cushion and devoured the meal with so much appetite. "You want some?".He said pointing a spoon at his sister. "I'm not hungry"She replied angrily. "Okay, suite yourself".Muhsin just stood staring at them wishing he could take away all their problems but he had no right to do so. The continuous vibration of his phone against his skin brought him out of his reverie. fishing it out and putting it on. His eyes popped as he read the message."IM BADLY INJURED, MEET ME IN MY SECRET APARTMENT".
      Not saying a word, he rushed out like a wounded lion ignoring Aidahs questions of where he was heading to.On his way,he dialed a number and sent an address.Arriving his destination, he hurriedly ran into the apartment and what he saw made him skip a breath. His one and only step brother was in a pool of his own blood.His arm bleeding profusely from a gun shot.He seemed almost unconscious because he could not even recognize him. All he did was groan when Muhsin made an attempt to pick him up. And then suddenly,  out of nowhere, Aidah barged into the room!!!!!!!!.