Chapter Ten

"Aidah, I know this is not easy for you to digest right now but just know that your mum has a valid reason for betraying you the way she did. She's your mother. Believe me, she wouldn't take that risk without thinking about it thoroughly". He paused when he realized she was not even listening to him.He tried placing his hand on her shoulder but got rebuked. "Aidah please say something. You can hit or slap me all you want but just don't keep mute like this. I beg you!!!!!!. Instead of a reply, She started walking away. Muhsin made no attempt in stopping her, maybe because he didn't know how to."They are here, get them" A bold and  scary voice shouted. "Aidah run!!!!!!!!" Muhsin said but he was late. One of the men was already close to her ready to stab her with a sharp, pointed knife. At the die moment Muhsin did a flip pushed Aidah out of the way.  And "Chassss!!!!!!"He was stabbed.

😥😥.My lovely Muhsin has been stabbed.

    The sound of the stab made Aidah outraged. Within a flash, She picked up a big stone that was lying close to her and smashed it on the mans head leading to his untimely death. Seeing their partner dead only made Khaleesats men more aggressive. They ran towards her  like hungry beasts, each with the aim of avenging their partner. Not minding the rage they were in, She pulled out the knife from Muhsins stomach,untied her veil and pressed it against the wound in order to stop the flow of blood. "Arrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Muhsin groaned in pain as she pressed harder . She was ready for anything they might think of doing to her. If she was destined to die in a forest, so be it. When she felt their footsteps close to her, she closed her eyes and inhaled, ready to give in to the darkness but nothing came. The place suddenly became quite as if the angel of death had decended. Still not sure of the silence, she kept her eyes closed only to feel a familiar warming touch on her back. "So it's true after all". She said smiling bitterly. She didn't bother looking up to see who her saviour was. "He has to be rushed to the hospital" The Savior said softly. "Really?" Aidah asked as she faced the later glaring daggers at her. "I had to do what I did. That was the only way to keep our family safe" The savior said convincingly attracting a scoff from Aidah. "Guards take him". "You are not taking him anyway". The guards moved closer to carry Muhsin but stopped abruptly when Aidah threatened them with the knife. "She's just a child. She won't be able to do a thing. Take him.I hate repeating myself!!!!".the Savior roared making the knife drop from Aidahs hold. Never had her mom shouted that way,they took advantage of the situation and Aidah watched as he was taken away. "We need to go home" Ummu Aidah said as she started walking away. "I don't think I have a home". Came Aidahs reply. "This is not the best place to talk about this"  "I don't think there's anything to talk about. Im done. I just realized that I was born to trust no one but myself. This whole thing is like a bad nightmare.Mum,everything Khaleesat said was a lie right?. Maybe she was just trying to frame you up for her own advantage. Right?"."Every single word she said is the truth. We are partners, so is your father!!"

         "We are partners, so is your father!!!!". The words kept echoing in her head making her forehead and the rest of her body completely drenched in sweat even though she was not feeling hot in anyway. The world started spinning around her, her heart aching in pain yet tears refused to share her burden. She desperately wished they would flow endlessly like they always did so she could feel lighter but they didn't. Tired of thinking, fed up with life,she picked up the knife and aimed at her chest but stopped to see the expression on her mothers face.
        "All these while,I have been bleeding inside , cursing myself for your own doings.My whole life, I thought I knew my parents well enough but I guess I was just deceiving myself. Do you really feel okay deceiving your own flesh and blood?. Tell me, how do you sleep well at night knowing very well that you are behind your daughters downfall?. How do you feel watching me cry everday, trying to amend the mistakes you invented yourself?.Do you derive joy in my misery?. How can you be so heartless?. I mean.......I wonder if you are truly my biological mother. You disgust  me. I hate Yo.......... .She stopped as a heated slap landed on her face making the knife fell of her hand.Her eyes reddened as her cheeks burned.Anger and hatred fought against each other making her furious. .Suddenly her inner voice coaxed. "KILL HER!!!!!" and her eyes focused on the knife.

         "Don't do that, you might end up having a lifetime regret". Ummu Aidah said when she noticed her daughters eyes darkened as she stared at the knife. "Having you as my parent is more than a lifetime regret". Aidah said, a tear escaping her eyes.b"Fine. You want to know the truth right, the reason behind all these?. Fine.Follow me home. Your dad will explain better. And yes,there is nothing you can do to undo the damage. Its too late". "I'm done believing every single advice that comes from you". Aidah said void of emotions. "Suit yourself". The later replied in the same tone.
         "Oh my, sis, what happened?". Mussadiq asked as he observed the blood stains on Aidahs cloth. "Nothing much, I'm fine". "Lord!!!!.You also stink.Let me run your bath"."Where is dad?".Aidah asked ignoring his remarks. "Right here".Her father replied as he walked into the living room. Aidah was expecting him to ask about her appearance. She desperately wished to see a flash of worry across his face even if it would last for just a second but nothing like that happened.. "You're here to unveil a secret that was hidden for years, get ready to be broken. What you have been feeling is nothing compared to what you will feel now.You still have the chance to change your mind". "No, I insist,i want to hear it". "Okay, maybe we should start from your identity". Aidah was aghast by his words "What... is wrong... with..... my identity?".She asked as her voice cracked. "You are not our daughter.Our blood does not run through your veins.This is not your family, likewise, you are not Aidah Idris Ayyan.You are just a mere child we adopted". "That's not true, you're only saying this to scare me away from the truth. I refuse to give in to your lies!!!!!!!!!". Her father ignored her outburst and continued, ignoring the way his heart twisted in enormous pain. He knew that one day,she would come running to find out the truth and he braced himself for the battle but never it would hurt as much. Her expression shattered his heart into pieces but he had to finish what he started. There was no going back.