Chapter Thirteen

"I'm sorry for everything" She said as she blinked her tears away. "You've tried alot Najib.. From protecting me from afar to the point of risking your life for me. I really appreciate it all. "I was only trying to keep our promise in check.Remember what we said to each other that night? We vowed to always look out for each other no matter how tough life may prove to be.I will never leave your side again Aidah, not until my last breath" He said as strode towards her. She exhaled and faced him "And what if I ask you to?"  "What?"He asked bewildered. "What if I get on my knees and beg you to leave my side.What if I tell you....that.. I can't keep our promise any longer? Can you let go?" She concluded staring deeply into his eyes as if trying to get her answers from them. "I believe you won't ever say that" He answered praying inwardly that she was just joking. "Well Im sorry to disappoint you Najib Imam but I  mean everything I said.Stop holding on to me.There is no need for you to protect me anymore neither is there a need to hold on to the love we shared. It's over but I will forever be grateful for everything you've done for me. You're best person I've ever known  in life and I will continue to love you till the end of time , unfortunately we're not meant to be together. So today I say my goodbyes" She said suppressing the tears that almost choked her". She could see it all, fear,  pain, dissapointment, anger writen all over his face but what could she do.Her decision was the best for him and her too. "Why?" He voiced out with a heavy heart. "This is all I can do for us. Don't you get it?, The more you try to protect me, the more you get hurt.I can endure everything but not seeing you suffer all in my name.Im sorry if it had to end like this but everything that happens, happens for the best. Goodbye."She said as she walked towards the exit with him trailing behind her. Once out she closed the door as he made an attempt to stop her and accidentally, she closed the door on his hand. She stood frozen in place as blood oozed out . "Are you still going to leave?". He asked as he winced in pain holding his hand. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to close the door on you" She said as she walked back into the room looking for his first aid kit"  "Check the cabinet" He said as he sat on the bed realizing what she was looking for.She bought out a tissue and started dabbing the the blood pooled over his hand. He stared at her throughout  until she was done dressing  his wound. "I did it on purpose" He confessed. "I placed my hand on the door intentionally for the door to close on because that was the only way I could stop you from leaving. To you leaving my side will make my life better but to me, it's the complete opposite. You want to pay back the favors I did for you?, Then pay back with your love because that's all I need. I don't care if I loose everything as long as I have you, I will get back every single dime I lost. You think you're a jinx to my life but to me you're a gift. So please just stay by my side. I can beat all of the odds as long as you're here with me. Please". "I love you" She said sobing silently  "But I love you more that's why I'm willing to overcome everything  just for you".

   "That fool thinks she can outsmart me. Can you imagine mum? , she had the guts to tell me she was my sister. How dare she claim to be sis. Miftah. "Don't stress yourself child , she said it to piss you off. But.... How did she know you had a sister" "I don't know either. But I saw the birthmark, the one that symbolizes our family,  I saw it right on her collarbone". Khaleesat said regretting her statement immediately. she had totally forgotten how desperate her mum is when it comes to her sister. Atimes she wondered if her mum would give a care about her if Miftah was stIill alive."Really.. Seriously, you mean you saw the birthmark the same as yours on her collarbone?". Her mum said stammering with a hint of happiness evident in her voice. " Yh I did. But who knows she must have gotten it painted there on purpose just to get our attention.Mum she's a fake.My sister died a long time ago. It can't possibly be her. "But what if she's telling the truth dear?.It means I will finally get to meet my daughter again. You know what?, How about you take me to her so I can see her myself". "Mum!!!!". This is Aidah Idris Ayyan we're talking about. The one who snatched away your daughters meant to be husband" Khaleesat said frustrated. "Just take me to her, let me see for myself if she's lying or not. Take me to her house". "Which one? The one I burned down?" Khaleesat said raising an eyebrow. "What? Why did you do that?"  "Oh wow mum I must say  I'm impressed by your sudden devotion to a child you've never even met before. You were the one that motivated me to burn down that house and now you're blaming me for it? Why?, Because I said she has our family birthmark?. This is too soon you know.What if at the end she turns out to be your daughter, will you back out of our plan. Will you support her in marrying Najib instead of me?. Answer me mum. I want to know so as to be ready for an emotional breakdown". "Nothing like that is going to happen my dear.No matter what happens, I will always be by your side, I promise. Dont you know where she lives now?"  "No I don't" Khaleesat lied. "That's okay,  I will just trace her location" Her mum said as she bought out her system and started typing away some alphabets.