Chapter Nine

Aidah Inhaled deeply as she tried to resist the image in her sight.To her, what she saw was unbelievable."How did this.............."  "This is not the time to ask questions. We need to treat his wounds before it gets worst" Muhsin said cutting her short.though he was surprised by her sudden entrance , what mattered at that moment was his brothers health. "Hospital....... We need to take him to the ho........"She paused stammering when she heard Najib groan in pain.And she felt it. Every single hint of pain. Suddenly, the grudge she had against him faded. Her eyes became watery, tears threatening to flow. It felt as if her heart would explode from pain. She moved closer  and had a clearer view of his face and her tears broke loose. "Muhsin........ we...... need to transfer him to the hospital" She said inbetween sobs. "Nothing as such will happen"Muhsin said as a matter of fact which made Aidah turn abruptly to have a glance at him. "What?.., why?" She asked impatiently. "That will only result to more problems. His doctor is on his way. Keep calm he will be here". "How on earth do you expect me to keep calm.He's on the verge of death. You need to do something!!!!!!!!"She roared her sobs becoming louder. Just as Muhsin was about to reply, a knock came at the door. "Welcome doctor "Muhsin greated as he widely opened the door. But instead of a doctors reply, he received a hard punch on his face which made him fall back on his knees,and all he could say was "AIDAH RUN!!!!!.  "Muhsin screamed as he groaned making her confused, mouth agape. Najibs guards rushed in and started fighting the intruders. Muhsin made a great effort in standing up but ended up falling back on his feet."Aidah you need to leave!!" "What about you.....I.... can't leave you here. I just can't"She said tears forming in her eyes. She couldn't afford loosing Muhsin. Just as she made a step towards Muhsin, Najib made a Painful noise making her stop in her tracks. She hurriedly walked in his direction, sliding an arm around his neck, she raised him up. Muhsin also clenched his fist on the floor and stood ,trailing behind Aidah as walked towards the exit where Najibs bodyguards were fighting the intruders. "No... We can't follow this path. There's a secret pathway that leads to a nearby forest leading to the town but only Najib knows of it" "What?" Aidah exclaimed as she looked closely at Najibs pale face. You could see clearly that he was in enormous pain. "Najib" She called out softly but got no response. Using her free hand, she touched his face soothingly and said :"Najib, you have to show us the way to the secret pathway or else we will all die in here.Remember what you said to me that day. You said a man is not called a hero by his wealth nor his popularity but rather the ability to pull through each and every problem he may encounter in life irrespective of how difficult they are. So I'm asking you now to do the same. Please show us the way"She concluded praying silently that    he was not unconscious. And that did the trick.with closed eyes and slow movement, he pointed towards a shelf  containing smartly arranged books of different sizes by the side of the room.Muhsin was thrown aback. He remembered vividly how on many occasions Najib had stopped him from changing the position of the shelf. Now he knew why. He used full force and pushed the shelf making  it crash landing on the floor.But the problem was yet to be solved.Keys were attached to the door. Ignoring the keys, Muhsin made a fruitless attempt in   opening the door."Aidah" Najib whispered but to their hearing."That's the password"He added.Without wasting a second, Muhsin typed the name and the door unlocked. Aidah heaved a sigh of relieve thinking they were finally safe but little did she know that they unlocked the key to higher tortures.

"Ah,Finally"she said as they made their way down the pathway. Aidah could smell a rat when they were halfway through the forest. She could sense footsteps and rumbling of leaves indicating someone was following them. She looked at Muhsin and he nodded, a sign that he also sensed danger. The feeling of ropes tightened around their ankles confirmed it. Before they could even comprehend what was going on,they were trapped into a net. Aidah made a loud scream as they fall into the trap. She tried moving her legs but the more she moved, the more they went deeper down the hole."Lord of heavens!!!! We are trapped Muhsin.I thought you said nobody knows about this route". She asked as she studied Najibs face.  It was clear that he was oblivious about his surroundings. Sadness marred across her face as she stared at him.  "The only person I think knows of this route is his long lost betrothed . Khaleesat Hydar"Muhsin said in deep thought."Betro............what?. He was once....... betrothed?"Aidah asked stammering. "You guessed right Muhsin Imam". Came the enticing voice.Aidah gulped at her sight.words are not capable of expressing how beautiful she appeared. Her hazel eyes could make one stop dead in their tracks. If female angels do exist,No doubt,  she is definitely one of them. "Hand over Najib and be set free. You see,  you don't have much time left. My men have overpowered yours and.....who knows,  they might be on their way to get you. Under my orders of course". She said with sarcasm making Muhsin raise an eyebrow."Really, as they say, Wonders shall never end. So you're the little devil stealing away our peace.Wait .I don't get this. You were said to be lost a long time ago. So how.. how did you become the mastermind behind all these?" "That's the price for ruining my engagement party five years ago. What were you thinking anyway, that I would let you go Scot free?.Never!!!!!!."Get him"She commanded and the guard beside her cut the rope attached to the trap freeing their tightened ankles making Najib fall heavily to the ground followed by Aidah who made an attempt to stop the fall but failed..The huge guard bent down and threw Najib over his shoulder ignoring Aidahs yellings of protest. "Put him in the car. The truth is Aidah,You are nothing but bad luck to Najib.To be sincere, I warned him.  Seriously I did.You see, I gave him two choices. Either to leave you and marry me or be with you and make you suffer."What!!!!!!" Aidah exclaimed." Yeah, actually, my plan was to burn down your company into ashes but he intervened saying he'd rather have the company under my control.So there, The company was snatched away from you right under your nose and incase you don't know, the plan was successful with the help of your MOTHER. I'm not gonna tell you why and how she did that. Find out YOURSELF.Huh!!!!. To be sincere Aidah you're so stupid and foolish.Like, when you trust and love, you do so completely. Who does that?. I mean, girl we're in the 21st century. Stop acting so dump. Wise up".She concluded walking away graciously not minding Aidahs painful, teary expression..

          😱😱.Not just you. This thing shock me too. So her mother is also among.....................God.