AkuHigu: To the Lost

What a lovely sky was in there. Starry blue, in some places, vanishing to various purplish shades. White sparkles that threatned to fall from the sky, as if they were glitters attached to a paper with glue, shimmered ever so bright, as if they wanted to communicate something. As if they were alive. As if they had a will that they wished to be true.

A funny thought about, may I add. Funny how they seemed to have a will, but as soon as they fall, people start to wish for their own desires to be fullfilled and reached as they watch the star slowly die in the sky, leaving a trail of bright memories to last but a fraction of a second.

She remained firm in place. What was that? What was the thing she saw? Aside the lights, everything was so dark.

...Why was his blood so vivid in that obscure surrounding?

Night. The time of the day void of light. She, too, felt that way. She, too, understood the night, as she looked at the pierced canvas that was his body.

Eyes brimming in tears. Throat sore from screams. Lungs longing for a little more of air. Legs that were desperately fighting not to betray her, not to let her fall.

The unconscious man that lay on the ground, with a scarlet liquid under his body, held a promising smile on the lips.

'...Promise. Why, yes! It was because of that idiotic promise made for Jinko! No, no... It's not the time for that! Akutagawa-senpai... Don't abbandon me!' She thought, furrowing her eyebrows, and carrying him bridal style towards her car.

Biting her lower lip, a burning feeling made her heart ache. Was it sorrow or hatred?

.

.

.

Behind the wooden desk, sat a man, whom was polishing a scalpel with an handerkief. Beside him, a blonde child was drawing on the chess-like floor.

"While his wound initially wasn't a major one, he succeded to negleted it so much to make it become. Impressive, really." He said, chuckling, glaring at the subordinate of the 'impressive' man.

She held her chin high, as expected of the assistant of the merciless dog of the Port Mafia. Truth being said, she wanted to go for a good cry. She had seen... and felt... and thought... too much, in too little time. But to put such shame on her beloved senior... That was a firm no-go, a very thin line she obliged herself not to ever cross.

Mori pointed the scalpel towards the dim light that was beginning to bright his office, making it sparkle and reflect the sun ray that went straight in her eye. She didn't flinch. She thought to deserve that burning sensation.

"His blood loss has been unsustainable for his body. Another minute, and I couldn't have done anything, Higuchi-kun. It's a relief you managed to make it on time. We transfused as much blood as needed in his body, though... I do believe that he could be out for a three day, a week, a month... I can't actually tell how much will is body need to wake him up, being how severe his condition is. That being said... I'd enjoy some good sleep, as so should you." He yawned out with ease.

That relaxed demeanour he held soothed her a bit, although her mind frantically wandered towards the image of the worst possible scenario that she could've think.

"Boss..." She murmured, as if she wanted to ask something really badly. Her long gone voice, though, didn't cooperate with her.

"Spin your heels and take your leave, Higuchi-kun." Mori said, coldly glaring at her. "And, do not go in the reanimation room of Akutagawa-kun. He has to be in a sterilized place, for his immunitary system has yet to be rebuild. His white cells were infected with, what seems most likely to be, puffer fish venom, probably situated on the weapon that ripped his torso open." He explained non-chalantely, waving the scalpel in a circling movement, as he did so.