Akutagawa x Higuchi: Moonlit wanders

'... How is feeling of being worth to live? Having a meaning?' Akutagawa wondered, while walking down the street, illuminated by the dimmed lights.

Colorful cars were driven through the monochromatic roads of the never asleep city that was Yokohama.

He was wearing comfortable clothes. A black turtleneck, that fitted is slim, pale body finely, with dark gray trousers. And even though his normal clothing, he drew the attention of the few people he encountred. Was it for his black hair that turned into a fair white to its tips? Probably, but he couldn't verify, not like he gave too much importance to such things.

He was having hard time at sleeping and had thought of going for a walk, to relax his tensed and sore muscles.

There was so much piled up job at the Port Mafia, that he, being one of the strongest assets of the underworld organization, had to deal the most. However, he thought it would've been worth it, all that pain, all those struggles, just to hear the words that would more likely never come out again of his admirable Dazai.

His former mentor, one of the five underbosses, or called even 'The youngest underboss of all history.' He was skilled, both with strategy and strenght, and one of the gifted belonging to the world. His ability 'No longer human' allowed him to nullify the ability of one, without exeptions, by a simple touch with any part of his body. And it was always active.

However everything does not last. People change, and so do their life style.

Four years ago, he left the Port Mafia, and, two years after, joined the side of the Armed Detective Agency, one of the enemies of the mafia.

'How could Dazai-san leave us to go in the side of those fools?!' Akutagawa thought when he discovered where he had been all those years.

He hadn't yet forgiven him. Perheps for he was now an enemy to him, or because of the feeling of abandon that Dazai left in his heart when he disappeared.

However, as Akutagawa had to work hard, harder than before, his thoughts lingered on his job and job only, not allowing himself to slack off, if not in the night, when he wasn't at work.

He decided to take a new street, just to change the routine that bored him.

Blue was the sky that stood upon his head, brighted from the afar stars along the big, golden full moon.

Usually he didn't have an opinion about night sight, but for that once, he admitted that such soothing view was nice.

At the end of the path he took passed another road, where he saw a familiar person.

The young lady had honey-blonde hair tied in a bun, with a few strands covering the sides and the front of her rosy face. A beige coat reached her knees covering all her clothing, if not her black trousers and brown mufflers. Plain, really, but effective on her.

'Higuchi just got off from work, as it seems.' Thought Akutagawa, while walking. 'Weird. What time is it, four in the morning...? Shouldn't she be off at midnight today?' Akutagawa, as her direct superior exactly knew her schedule, and something was off.

As he took a better look on her, he swore he had seen crimson liquid falling from beneath her trousers, on the leg side.

'Injuried? What a stupid... Should I...? No, it doesn't make sense. I don't see the point in such action, thus she would begin to blabber about me wearing light clothes in a chill night or why am I awake at this hour. ...However, if Higuchi saw me bleeding, she would rush over me- Fine, I'll aid her.' Ultimately thought Akutagawa, quicking his calm pace.

Briskly, he made his way towards his subordinate. And even though his steps were quick, they were silent, soft, not letting Higuchi avverting his presence as malignant.