Akuhigu: Trust issues

"Higuchi! Not only you've failed the task, but you also got everyone dead! How the hell did this happen, I don't care, but hear me out: You're no longer my subordinate. You're no longer part of the Port Mafia. Next time I see you, you'll be dust in no time. Be grateful for this temporary mercy, and get as far as you can from here. However, don't be too hopeful: none who defects the Port Mafia shalt stay alive. I don't even know how come you're still alive, useless imbecile, as the only thing you can do is say 'Sorry,' or 'It's my job to help you'." Higuchi heard Akutagawa say, while pieces of the grey, dirty wall that surrounded them decayed, and fell down, as Higuchi's heart teared apart.

Tears slided down the corner of Higuchi's eyes, as they opened wide. While quickly sitting up, she shot her gaze to the place she was in. She was relieved to see it was her room. It was only a dream. A mere dream. Nothing more, nothing less than a dream.

...Yet... if it was only a dream, than why she was so affected by it? Why did she believe it was true, even though it never really happened?

'I cannot deny that what senpai said in my dream was true, but... but, what? How come that more skilled mafioso aren't there anymore, yet I, an uncapable one, is still here?! It's unfair... and it doesn't feel any kind of right... They probably were more helpful than I am. I am only capable to say that I've to help senpai, but how? He is stronger than I am, but that is not the point. He is emotionally unstable and got mentally abused, but I cannot help him there, for he pushes me away every time I want to help him... Yeah, being this weak and all... I am really not suited for this profession...' Higuchi's thoughts ran in her mind like a hurricane that feverishly spinned on itself before disappearing, for her determination and ambition placated it. '...but that means nothing! I can improve and get successful results! I won't leave Akutagawa-senpai's side!'

Higuchi paused a little, and felt the cold silence sting her in the brain. Looking down with watery and dull eyes, she mumbled: "However, a question is wandering in the depht of my mind... Would senpai really abandon me?"

-

The pen was scribbling fast on the white sheet, filling it with notions about the last mission Higuchi got done successfully. It dured a week, a week that felt too long for her, for Akutagawa was not along her. And now it wash e who was far from Yokohama, as he was on a mission in Fuku-Oka. Higuchi was relieved about it too, because she knew she couldn't manage to face him. She wasn't yet prepared to see him after that nightmare.

Her nose was planted on the paper, and the three commanders of the Black Lizard were sure they didn't see her doing a break during that week, nor she talked casually to them about nothing and everything as she always did.

When they approached her, she tensed up and was dense and oblivious about their questions, so there was something off.

"Oi, big sis!" Tachihara called Higuchi, and she lifted her face to see him.

"...Yes?" She asked quite nervously.

"...Big sis, are you betraying the Port Mafia?"

Higuchi opened her eyes wide and thought: '...Betraying the Port Mafia?'

Her cheeks went from pale to rosy. Her lips' corners went up, and a giggle broke them apart.

"Betraying them Port Mafia?" She laughed, along with Hirotsu and Gin.

"OI, WHAT IS THIS?! COHALIZATION?! GRAMPS! CREEPY MAN! ANSWER ME!" Tachihara yelled, totally losing it.

"Kuhuhu... Tachihara-kun, what a silly question you exposed... It was so stupid, I cannot believe you have performed it for real..." Hirotsu said as he chuckled.