SebaCiel: Ephemere fear

In the gloomy night, quietude should've sang its soave notes, like a lullaby that pumpers the sleepers. However it didn't go that way.

Screams, desperate screams of fear echoed everywhere in the Phantomive's mansion.

They weren't of intruders, Sebastian, the mere, loyal butler of earl Ciel Phantomive, wouldn't have allowed them to let escape from their mouth a single word, if not required.

In fact, they were of no other but Ciel's.
When Sebastian entered in his bedroom, yells where still exiting from his mouth.

He was now by his side, shaking him slightly to wake him up, but had no success.

"Bocchan. Bocchan, wake up. Nothing your mind has created is going on in reality. Wake up, Bocchan." Said Sebastian, before finally got the earl awake.

Pants grew from his throat softer and softer as he saw his butler.

"Sebastian?! Oh- Oh, yeah... Just a nightmare, huh? I'm fine now, you can go. In the morning I will apologize with the others for waking them up. Go tell them that it's noth-" He was about to order him, but he saw Sebastian turning his back to him just to face him again after very brief time.

"Tonight, I offer you milk sweetened by honey, just as you like. We can disregard the rule for this time, but before getting back to sleep remember to brush well your teeth, Bocchan." He said while giving Ciel the porcelain cup.

"Oh, well, thank you." Said the earl taking a sip of the warm milk.

"May I know what was the nightmare about?" Questionated Sebastian curious, not just for courtesy. It didn't seem that the reason was the usual, or rather the day where he lost everything, the house, the family and got kidnapped by some human traffickers.

"Mh, what do you want it to be about? The usual." He pouted, but Ciel's eyes were telling Sebastian a whole different story.

"I don't believe so. Now, now, if you don't tell me, your chest will feel heavy, Bocchan. Is it that you don't trust me yet?"

"How could I not trust some demon that protects me from anyone who tries to harm me, just to get my soul?" Smirked Ciel giving him a slight chuckle. "I wouldn't have put my life in your hands, if I didn't trust you, don't you think? By the way, could you pass me the honey? I want my milk sweeter."

"Too much honey will not give you any benefit, however I told you that tonight we were not following the rule..." He said while bringing the honey jar nearby the white cup just to make drop in there some of that sugary, sticky, amber liquid.

Ciel stirred with the spoon his milk and then took a sip of it to check if it was fine. A little hum escaped by his mouth.

"Better."

"So? What was the nightmare about?"

"Nothing in particular, just mixed memories, actually." Said Ciel, trying to convice the demon, failing.

Sebastian brought his hand down on Ciel's chin and lifted it to make him see his contraried face.

"Bocchan, you are two hundred thousand years early to lie me successfully. Tell me the truth."

Ciel furrowed his eyebrows and snapped.

"Back off! I want you to go away! Go to sleep, bloody hell!"

"Sleep? I have too many things to get done to sleep."

"Then, don't waste time by annoying me. Go do your job!"

"... As you order." He said before take back the empty cup from the earl's hands and put it in the cart. But before he could walk out of the room, he heard calling his name.

"Yes, Bocchan?"

"No, nothing. Go."

"Ah, don't forget about your teeth."

"Yeah, yeah."

Sebastian closed the door behind him and went down the hall to put the cart back to its place. When he did he couldn't help but bring his gloved hand to his front, letting out a sigh of exhausted sigh, making escape a soft: "Good grief, kids this days."

Ciel sat on the bed as he watched Sebastian getting closer and closer to the door. And while rethinking of his previous nightmare, he let himself get emotional and said his butler name.
After shoving him off, he didn't mind of his dental heath and wanted just to sleep. So he layed down on his comfortable, soft bed. However, every single time he closed his eyes the images he saw in his nightmare grew so vivid he could not help but think that they were real, that they were happening in reality.

In a hot room, flames wandered as they pleased, eating the oxigen of the whole house.

Blood ran down a woman, whose features where so brutally changed that she didn't even seem the same person.

"Ciel, dear, you must stay! Stay with us, stay! Burn down the flames here! We are going to have a warm hug! Come on!" Said his mother, whose teared skin began to slowly disappear, slowly becoming a skeleton, of which eyes rolled on the ground, melting on it.

"Come on, listen to your mother for once, Ciel. Be a good son." Said Vincent, Ciel's father, whom had a knife that pierced his sternum. "You are the reason of this, so stay. You have to, no, you must."

"Father, back away from there!!" Yelled on top of his lungs Ciel before Vincent got smashed by a beam.

Nothing was happening to Ciel. No physical pain, no cuts, no injury, nothing at all.

As he walked down a corridor, he heard "Bocchan" getting replayed so much that he began to yell back.

"Sebastian!" He ultimately screamed before seeing what seemed the butler.
Defaced, Sebastian layed on the ground in a blood lake. Flames eating his whole body.

"Sebastian! You can't die, so stand back up!" He yelled him a san order, while giving him a few kicks, but he got no response. "There is no one to trick, so stand the bloody hell up!" And again no response.

Ciel got down on his knees and listened to his wrist: no heartbeat could be found. Sebastian was dead.

Ciel cracked like a biscuit which stayed for too much time down on the hot milk.

"C'mon, you can't abandon me too! You still have my soul to take, right ?! Come back and take your payment, you dumb demon !! " Said Ciel in a muffled voice who cracked here and there.

His chest ached, his heart twisted in on itself, his stomach danced the waltz. He wanted to throw up, he wanted to cry, he wanted to scream. Yet he could not. His throat was bounded in on itself, not letting scream to exit and it burned on a extreme way. He felt he was choking.

And when he heard the voice Sebastian calling him he felt even worse. But right after he awakened seeing the face of his butler. Whom was alive, and beside him.

"Ahhh, if I told him he would've laughed at me! That demon cannot die, so why do I even care about his well-being!" Spat the young earl before closing his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows.

The butler chuckled while peeling the carrots in the kitchen. He gazed at the sky and found the dim light that the slightly chipped full moon was offering that night.

'Quite the interesting nightmare, but it's amusing how he abuses me even in his dreams. Good grief, he will never give me peace, will he?'

This is the oneshot I offer you today!
By the way, if you have requests I'll gladly take them. But I didn't see Haikyū and so I didn't with other anime because it is normal not to watch everything. HOWEVER you can still tell me and I'll do my best to accomplish your request, if I know the characters and the anime ofc :) !
I have a lot of ships' oneshots in program, but then... I find myself writing about the Akuhigu or some other books I haven't published yet, in my native language or in English...
Okay! For today is all!
See ya, reader-chan~!♡