Akuhigu: The chalet's warmth

"Aah... I don't have the slightest idea why I accepted to come here... I want to go back home..." Chūya mumbled beneath his breath. He began to regret accepting the invite of their boss, to come in a chalet, bought a few months ago by him, that he recently finished to tidy up. He invited his subordinates, to take a rest from their work, as a gift, as a little holiday of a week. Little did they knew, back then, was that they had to go there on foot.

The paths were covered by ice and snow, the breeze was frigid and it would've took long before arriving to destination. "Oi, Higuchi. How far is the chalet?" He asked her with tiredness in his voice.

"Chūya-san... Do you at least realize we started walking five minutes ago? We can't possibly be near the chalet..."

"Five?! Only?!" Chūya yelled, as he stopped on his tracks. It seemed an eternity to him. He began to walk again, as he felt a few pats on his shoulder that came from Mori.

"We'll die in this freeze!" Tachihara added, while shaking like a leaf. Most of the group was boundled up, because they knew that it would've been considerably cold, but Tachihara thought otherwise, so he was feeling all the freezing temperature.

"What the..." Higuchi muttered, as little smoke exited from her mouth.

Akutagawa passed in front of her, quicking his pace. Finally, he joined the conversation, even if for a brief moment.

"Are you a kid? Endure it." And, with that, he began to get far from them.

"Yessir..."

"Akutagawa-kun! Don't part from the group, or you'll get lost!" Mori yelled, but it appeared like he didn't hear him. He sighed in discomfort. "Why is he like this...?" He muttered before turning his head to his beloved Elise.

"Boss, I'll go stop him!" Higuchi said, as she began to speed up, but Mori told her not to.

"He'll understand later why he should've stayed with us, don't you worry."

"Eh? But this way, he could really get lost!"

"Indeed. He should've thought twice his decision. However, he could actually find the way alone. I tell you, Higuchi-kun, there is nothing to worry about." Mori assured her, but she wasn't appised yet. "Elise-chan, do you want to build a snowman, when we arrive?"

"Yeah! Kahah! It will come good, Rintarō, if you don't put your dirty hands on it." She replied with a smile on her lips.

"Elise-chan, how mean!" He said.

"Just speaking truth." Elice looked at him with such a empty face, that he jumped a little.

They arrived about a hour later on the chalet. Before doing anything, Mori prepared some tea to serve to everyone, to warm up theirselves. Then, while Elise went back out to play with the snow, Mori showed the rooms to his subordinates and gave them the keys.

The sun already setted and there was still no trace of Akutagawa. Higuchi was worried sick. She asked to Hirotsu a few times if he had yet arrived, but the answer was always the same. She decided to go find him, even if Mori told her not to worry about him. It seemed that he thought of him like a dog, whom would've returned home whenever he would have wanted, but it seemed that Mori hadn't considered the fact that Akutagawa didn't have the slightest idea where this place was.

After bundling up, Higuchi headed outside with a lamp to see clearly. Running outside, she called Akutagawa with her phone, but received no response.

'Something has happened! I knew I had to get him back, when I could!' She thought while her eyes became glassy. 'It's all my fault! It's my job to watch after him, and even so...!' She ran on the soft snow that squirmed beneath her feet with deft movements. A storm had broke at five in the afternoon, so she wondered if he was dying in that freeze. 'Tachihara was right. He was goddamn right!' She thought, as he words replayed in her mind. One could've died in that gelid temperature, however she couldn't allow that person to be her senpai. No, she would've arrived in time. She had to!